Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just put a new trans in my truck last week runs great but bogs Down Alot when I put it in reverse and the passed two days it has been get verry hot. It has plenty of fluid my only gues would be too much fluid? There is also condensation on the dip stick when I pull it out any info would be great I can't affOrd to loose this trans with only 300 miles Put on it. Bought it used from A friend it has a shift kit and valve bodies.
Any info would be awsome!
Thanks
Will

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Well how much fluid is in it?
Any codes for the trans problem?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
I've got a list of codes bookmarked at home. I'll look later. Or you can google it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright just had to pullover and let my trans cool down I opened the hood and reached down to feel the cooler ad lines and they were the sane temp as outside. Is there a valve or somthing that could be clogged not allowing fluid to reach the cooler?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
The lines and cooler can be clogged. I'd start there. There is a pressure bypass on the side of the trans passenger side that can fail. Someone sells replacement ones but idr who.

Sorry I didn't get you codes sooner.
P1247 b MAP Turbo boost pressure low
MAP hose, sensor, EBP sys, intake leaks, turbo

P1248 b MAP Turbo boost pressure not detected
MAP hose, sensor, EBP sys, intake leaks, turbo

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Pull em off and blow air through them or pull the return line off the trans and start it up and see if it's flowing at all or barely any.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts