Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just seen these in the fourwheeler magazine. they looked pretty tough for a all terrain. The shoulder design looked good and also a nice tread pattern. I may get these for my next set of tires and see how they do. long tread wear warranty. check them out, anyone running them yet?

Open Country A/T II | Toyo Tires

The ones in the magazine i saw looked alot more aggressive than whats on their site then i seen this statement so im guessing thats why.
****Xtreme sizes, such as 35x12.5R18, feature a deeper tread depth and a more aggressive tread and shoulder design.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Different sizes as well compared to the original AT's. For example, they don't have a 325/65r18 (35x12.5x18) but they have an actual 35x12.5x18 which is a little smaller diameter then the original.

However, the new one allows 65 psi whereas the original was 50 psi.

Sent from my LTEVO using AutoGuide App.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm running them on my 6.7 and have about 1000 miles on them. Slight hum on the highway at 60+, ride nice, and look great. Too soon to report on wear and overall durability. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got any pics of them on your truck??

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here you go: 35/12.50/20 on factory 20's

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the pics, i think my decision will be between these and hankook dynapro atm's.

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
thanks for the pics, i think my decision will be between these and hankook dynapro atm's.
Are you getting rid of the Trails?

·
Super Moderator
19,509 Posts
HMMM - Might have to give them a look. I've run the OC TAs before. They were great tires. Got just under 50,000 out of them. These OC TA II definitely look more agressive.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you getting rid of the Trails?
No, running on the hot damn 300 tune as my daily driver, i dont think they are gonna last very long. :rofl: I have about 5k on them and they look fine, but im looking to find a another set of rims and get a more all terrain tire to plow with in the winter time. and run the trails in the summer. i love the traction off the road though. they do great as long as i turn the tune down. i do alot of towing and with my old tires as soon as i pulled off the road it was like i had to switch to 4x4. I highly suggest the trails though, this is my second set of them. i just dont know how they will do plowing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anyone else run these yet? Reviews?
The AT2 just came out. It'll be a few months until a good overall review will be out. Until then, 1500 miles on mine and they ride great, handle sand and dirt well, and take on the rain without an issue. I like them, so far.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone else run these yet? Reviews?
I'm sure they will be a favored tire. A lot of people really liked the at 1 so with the better features and slightly more agressive tread pattern, I'm sure they will pull some away from m/t and down to the a/t because they have better styling now.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
As soon as they make them in a 37" with a load range E and 65 psi then watch these fly out the door! And when that happens, I sure the mt will no longer be the tire of choice.:beer:

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had a set of the M/T on the F150 i just sold and loved them. i want a little less aggressive for the F350 these look like they fit what i need.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The new A/T IIs also come in a 295/75/16 E size with load rating of 3970 lbs. This is the size I'm going to put on my '03.

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
I'm sure they will be a favored tire. A lot of people really liked the at 1 so with the better features and slightly more agressive tread pattern, I'm sure they will pull some away from m/t and down to the a/t because they have better styling now.

Most likely i'll be one of those people they take away from mud tires:nod:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Most likely i'll be one of those people they take away from mud tires:nod:
same here bud, i love the tires sticking out past the fender but these dam things pick up boulders, not rocks, BOULDERS. i hate washing my truck. i have a set of mudflaps that are like cheap duraflaps that im debating putting on. Im kinda excited for these things to lose some tread so they dont have such deep grooves to pick up rocks. there aint many tires out there that are a happy medium with a decent looking sidewall. the tires that come to mind would be mickey thomson ATZ(but i have seen too many failures and complaints for how expensive they are), BFG all terrain k/o(we have them on our Hummer and they have 40k on them and still have 40-50% tread), toyo ATII, pro comp extreme all terrains look nice too. We want that aggressive tire look but decent road manors and longevity.

1 - 20 of 230 Posts