Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I traded in my subaru STI on this 05 PSD with 25,000 miles, and have been lurking for a few days before announcing my noob candidacy. I have a house at Lake Nacimiento, and have a few boats that I was towing with my
V8 4 runner. Just recently bought a 24 foot pontoon boat, took her down the ramp, made the Uturn to go back up, and the boat felt like it was going to flip my little 4 runner over on it's side. That was scenario one that made me start thinking about a larger truck, scenario 2: I get the boat out of the water, and take it back to the house to put it under the awning, as it has to be covered while it is parked at the house except between labor day and memorial day. The width of my awning is 9'-3", the beam on my pontoon is 8'-6", so you could imagine how difficult that was backing in with a car that you can't see the sides of the boat, much less the sides of the house. So, here I am, powerstroke heavy. It's got a small lift, not sure how big, maybe 4 inches, and 18" Mazzi Hulk wheels, sorry, I don't have the size of the tires with me. I guess it's a XLT sport model, all RED, and I mean ALL RED, bumpers, grill, body panels, everything, looks like a pimped out fire truck. No other mod's that I can see, but I think I'm not gonna to get too crazy with it, maybe exhaust, chip, and intake, would be about as far as I go with it. I was pushing a good amount of HP/TQ to the wheels of the STI, and I don't want to go down that money pit road again, as it's long, and not as fruitful as you think when you first start. Sorry for the long read, and I guess...

Hi!

Ken

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
WELCOME to the site Ken!! Congrats on the new truck!!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
:ORG welcome::ORG welcome::ORG welcome:

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
welcome to the org. good luck keeping your wallet filled around here.

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
:welcome1: Welcome to the ORG.!

Congrats on the new rig! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
Welcome to the Org! Congrats on the truck, now let's get to modding! LOL

·
She's paid for!!!!!!
661 Posts
:ORG welcome:

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
:welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1:​

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Welcome to the org, and it can get pretty addictive. There's lots to read and write about.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Welcome to the org, we'll get you up to 1000 hp in no time :p :D

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
:ORG welcome:

sounds like a pretty sweet truck - can't wait to see some pics!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
WELCOME TO THE ORG KEN!!

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
:ORG welcome::beer::drinking4::beer::ORG welcome:​

1 - 20 of 25 Posts