Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i just bought my very first diesel which is a '05 F250 CC King Ranch with about 31,500 miles on it. It drives great and looks even better. I do have one concern and a question for you experts out there. When I am driving up the mountain pass here in my area and hit between 45 and 50 MPH I get this constant vibration in the truck which is about the same type of vibration as say that of a cell phone when it rings on vibrate mode. But of course this is constant and once I accelerate a little more or let off the gas it stops. Doesn't do it at other speeds. No change in the RPM's either. I have 18" Goodyear Wrangler tires on the truck now and it is bone stock with 3.73 gears. Thanks for any help.

2005 Ford Truck.JPG

:)

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
:ORG welcome: from :tex:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
If you are able to "drive through it" it would say it could be a tire out of balance. It could also be a universal joint of center support bearing but with low miles thats not characteristic. I'd start by balancing tires.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Oh, yeah and welcome to the org.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome to the ORG.

I agree WILLHOLL79, as I had the same problem a few years ago and it was the tires out of ballance. Had them ballanced again and the problem went away.

Now 5 years ago I had a F150 with after market wheels, and tires on it. It had a very bad vibration the same as you are having now. The truck went back to the dealership 6 times in 2 months. They finally found the problem. The aftermarket wheels where uneven and out of ballance, not the tires. Never thought about the wheels being out of ballance but the manager at the local dealership said it happens more then you think, even with stock wheels. The only way to fix it is a new wheel, from what they told me so they replaced all 4 wheels.

Just something else to think of. Hope you get it fixed

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
my 34" super swampers are so bad they cant even get them to balance properly. Mine vibrates at certain speeds, but at others it must find it's "harmony" and smooths out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I also agree with the guys, you have a tire out of balance.. probably just threw a weight off. anyways.. Nice Truck and hope that it gives you good service!

·
Premium Member
14,493 Posts
:welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1:

And Congrats on the new rig!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts