Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone im new to the diesel world and just recently purchased a 2005 F-350 6.0 The truck has a complete overhaul with new heads, apr studs, egr removed, full 4 inch exhaust from turbo, k&n intake, custom +100hp tune, and upgraded radiator. I also have a Diablo predator tune. My truck is decently fast but im looking to do a little more. Such as add a aftermarket airdog II pump, and injectors. Could anyone give me a point in the right direction of where to go? Reminder im new to all this so if you could also justify and explain what certain things would do.

· Registered
2,646 Posts
First things first, dump the K&N for a real filter.

· Registered
2,646 Posts
Oh and :ORG welcome:

2,030 Posts
I heard diablo tunes aren't that great

· Registered
1,063 Posts
Ditch the K&N as stated before. And ditch the diablo and get a SCT tuner and some custom tunes for the truck. Even though the truck has been "bullet proofed" it probably still has the stock style oil cooler. Next thing would be to get some gauges or a monitor such as the Edge Insight.... or you could bundle your tuner and monitor in one and get the SCT Livewire. I have an Insight with hand held SCT tuner and love it.

Welcome to the ORG

· Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Ditch the K&N as stated before. And ditch the diablo and get a SCT tuner and some custom tunes for the truck. Even though the truck has been "bullet proofed" it probably still has the stock style oil cooler. Next thing would be to get some gauges or a monitor such as the Edge Insight.... or you could bundle your tuner and monitor in one and get the SCT Livewire. I have an Insight with hand held SCT tuner and love it.

Welcome to the ORG
Agreed. If it were me I would can the k&n and get a s&b. if you read up on the diablo you will see that diablo can not program the tcm resulting in transmission failures and they are aware of it at diablo. As stated look under the classifies and find someone to get a sct tuner from at a reasonable price there is a post on the org about this. Sct is where you are going to get more reliable tunes.If horse power is your interest then there is plenty of good post that can direct you in a build to get that desired hp. I was reading the other day that mtw broke 500hp on stock injectors with his stage 2 turbo. Just imagine what 175cc and a stage 2 could make? All I am saying is there is more than one way to meet a hp or torque goal. There is tons of a good info on the org. Oh and welcome to the org.

· Registered
1,242 Posts

Welcome to the ORG
agreed ^^^^^

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok I don't currently have the diablo hooked up it just came new in the box with the truck. and I have heard already the k&n is not very good either I just ordered the sct livewire from ebay. would yall be able to tell me a good/legit diesel parts website?

· Registered
1,242 Posts
there are lots , look in the vendor section here on the org

· Premium Member
12,033 Posts
Welcome to the org and whatever you do DON'T BUY AN AIRDOGII. Do a search and you'll understand why. They are trash.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.