Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with my 6.0L, I used to run a mix of 2 stroke and Diesel Kleen every other tank.

Is that recommended with the 6.7L?

With the 6.0L, as well, I stuck with actual Motorcraft filters. Figure that's still good with the 6.7L?

Oil recommendation? I've always used Rotella 5w40 T6. Still good?

How about injector cleaning? Archoil?

·
Super Moderator
9,680 Posts
Really no need to run Archoil for the injectors as they are controlled electronically.

You need to dig thru the fuel additives and see what you prefer. OptiLube is a favorite, with Stanadyne being another good choice.

As always run only Motorcraft filters if you can, it might not be the cheapest but they work.

Rot T6 5w40 is a good choice, some run the Motorcraft 10w30. Valvoline Extreme Blue is a great option. Pick your flavor.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Stanadyne every fill up, Motorcraft 10w30 oil and motorcraft oil and fuel filters. It’s all a preference just do some research and use your best judgment

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,255 Posts
motorcraft filters
motorcraft 10w30
no 2 stroke, this system was built for this fuel standard (its hard on emissions equipment)
i use howes fuel additive because this fuel standard sucks.

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
Registered
167 Posts
From talking to several reps at work for fuel system additives, essentially every single one of them are exactly the same, except for how diluted they are. They’re all the same chemical blend. Pick which bottle you like and it’ll be fine.

As far as oils go, motorcraft 10w30 or 5w40 only. It says directly on the oil fill cap “CJ-4 oils only”. Ford has a TSB stating that ck4 oils do not meet the requirements of the 6.7 powerstroke. It’s difficult to find cj4 oils these days, so using the oil that ford has designed is an extremely safe bet. Since, well, they designed it for their engines.

Ford says that ck4 oils cause extreme rocker arm wear and I’ve personally seen it on numerous occasions. I’ve also personally seen T6 cause issues in 6.0s. Drain the oil, put motorcraft oils in the engine, issue stops. I’m sure you’ll find plenty of people to tell you I’m wrong and t6 is gods gift to earth, and power service is way better than X brand.

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,255 Posts
ford has an approved ck4 list for you to go off of.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts