Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in a nut shell i just traded in ol faithful the 99 7.3 for a 2008 6.4 with 18,000 miles. had 350,000 miles on the old truck. between repairs and this forum i knew that truck like the back of my hand. Question for everyone is what should i know about my recent purchase? i got a 4 year 75,000 warranty that i doubt ill be able to make with a stock truck. any info on mods/ problems with this truck i appreciate.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
The biggest problem is the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter). You take that off, add a tuner (Spartan), DPF delete exhaust, and an intake, and your truck will love you!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the input. its been a rough transition going from the old truck. was getting 18 mpg on a 1 ton with 35's to a 3/4 on stock tires getting 15 if im going down hill

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
in a nut shell i just traded in ol faithful the 99 7.3 for a 2008 6.4 with 18,000 miles. had 350,000 miles on the old truck. between repairs and this forum i knew that truck like the back of my hand. Question for everyone is what should i know about my recent purchase? i got a 4 year 75,000 warranty that i doubt ill be able to make with a stock truck. any info on mods/ problems with this truck i appreciate.
Sig check and you will be very happy with your truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts