Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Sold my 2012 F250 and picked up this beauty. 2017 F350 with only 38k miles. The 360 camera is really freaking cool!
Duallys rock! Congrats

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I was absolutely amazed how well they rode. I really wanted a SRW but was having a hard time finding a long bed in lariat or better for the price/miles I wanted. This one was close and fit the bill so I said screw and went DRW. I can swallow an extra 300 bucks for tires every 30k miles and the 1-2 mpg loss. Ill never need to buy a truck again!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Thanks! I was absolutely amazed how well they rode. I really wanted a SRW but was having a hard time finding a long bed in lariat or better for the price/miles I wanted. This one was close and fit the bill so I said screw and went DRW. I can swallow an extra 300 bucks for tires every 30k miles and the 1-2 mpg loss. Ill never need to buy a truck again!
Love my '17 DRW. Rides great for a 1 ton truck and makes hauling so nice and stable. You should get more than 30k out of street tires. On my prior F350 DRW I was at 50k miles on the Michelin LTX tires and they were in great shape ---- lots of tread left. I do rotate my tires every 10k miles which requires dismounting.

Enjoy the new rig!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might just go ahead with changing the current tires out since theyre a no name A/T brand Ive never heard of (Ironman?). There is a little vibration at 75mph and they probably dont help.

How are the Michelins on the freeway? Ill be honest I have no idea the "differences" in buying tires for a drw vs srw.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I might just go ahead with changing the current tires out since theyre a no name A/T brand Ive never heard of (Ironman?). There is a little vibration at 75mph and they probably dont help.

How are the Michelins on the freeway? Ill be honest I have no idea the "differences" in buying tires for a drw vs srw.
I honestly love the Michelin’s in every way except snow and mud. Snow they’re okay and mud they’re useless. But they last forever, they grip well, and they’re practically silent and smooth on the highway. I will be buying them again.

Congrats on the new truck!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

I love my Michelins. Quiet and reliable. I don't off road....mainly haul a 5er. So quiet/comfort and good wear are what I was looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts