Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Well just purchased my dream truck, 2011 F250, 6" RoughCountry lift, Badlands 20" wheels and Nitro Grappler 35's. It's everything I wanted in a truck minus the nav system (that evidently the factory that makes them for Ford was taken out in the Japan disaster).

As anal as I am about my vehicles, it's already got two layers of Meguires NXT Wax and will add the third after it stops raining (called the Meguires factory to see how many layers it would take, three is the magic number, anything past that you are just wiping off what you put on without adherence....just a little FYI for those anal peeps like me).

Now for the questions on diesel, since this is my first one to own:

What brand of oil does everyone recommend, synthetic, semi or non?
Do my own oil changes, or have dealership do them?
Any tricks or hints anyone has for a new owner?

Thanks in advance, I'm stoked about this forum and excited about sharing info and acquiring info in the years to come.

Scott

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Congrats and Welcome to the Org.
I plan on following the PSD supplement guide to a tee of course adding the Personal touch along the way...;) Maintance is huge with ANY vehicle if you like it all. Anyway, enjoy. learn, and post some pics.:woot:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Congrats on the new 6.7, looks great and:ORG welcome: your gonna love this site just as much. Lot of nice guys here with lots of know how. I'm running T6 rotella in my truck:thumb:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Nice looking truck :thumb:

So how is the ride with the 6" lift?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
:ORG welcome::clap::beer:

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
My truck is the same base truck as yours without all the customizations. Some day I hope to do some stuff to it but just leaving it stock for now. Yours looks great. Welcome to the .org.

·
Registered
96 Posts
As anal as I am about my vehicles, it's already got two layers of Meguires NXT Wax and will add the third after it stops raining (called the Meguires factory to see how many layers it would take, three is the magic number, anything past that you are just wiping off what you put on without adherence....just a little FYI for those anal peeps like me).
Wow, I think I washed my truck either 2 or 3 years ago.

Welcome to the .org

1 - 10 of 10 Posts