Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, very excited to own my first 7.3. I'm not new to diesels (owned a 5.9 Cummins previously), but I'm new to Ford diesels. Sorry that I'm too lazy to search the other threads, but I have a few questions that are a little random:

1- I have a Edge Juice Attitude on-the-go programmer installed. How do I use that to drive the truck most efficiently?

2- The programmer shows me EGT and turbo boost. What are the recommended upper temp limits I should be running the truck?

3- Is there an "optimum" RPM to keep the truck when towing? When not pulling? (I pull a 29 foot 5th wheel)

That's all for now. I have many more, but I'll do some searching first before I post. Thanks all!

·
Registered
456 Posts
What year truck?

First of all, if I were you I'd lose that programmer and get a PHP Hydra or a 6 position tuner from Tony Wildman, DP Tuner, ect.
2nd- EGT can hold at 1250 all day and bursts of 1300 and i hit about 30 lbs of boost at WOT with my Hydra
3rd-if you're looking for MPG, depending on what gears you have (3.73 or 4.10) stay at or below 2000 rpms

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Loose the edge, or keep for diagnostics only. 2k rpm is optimal for fuel consumption, 1250 egt max unless for very minimal times (a few seconds only)

Be sure to watch Trans temps too, heat kills

1 - 3 of 3 Posts