Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are in the process of buying a 04 Excursion. I have been lurking on this site for a few weeks now learning all I can about the oh so scary 6.0 (it's not that bad really)
We have a had a independent shop do a full inspection came back so so. Stock erg stock head studs.

Now all that is fine but the issue arrived. My wife went to the local Ford dealership. She went in talked to some guy in sales who did not know what an oasis report was. He belittled her for asking for one, once he found out what it was, he was extremely rude. Telling her that if she doesn't know where the vehicle was serviced that sends up red flags. She was humiliated for no reason. He then went on to inform her that since she isn't the owner she's not allowed to have any of the info from the report. He also said that the vin didn't show anything. Nothing at all. No warranty work, nothing. Which is impossible, right?

So in short if someone could do the Oasis report that would be amazing. Since now the dealership (over the phone) says another story, that we have to be the owners, and it's a $25 charge. But it won't show anything - coming from the service guy.

2004 FORD EXCURSION LIMITED
VIN: 1FMSU43P94EA22323

Thanks!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just got the X home

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
oasis reports are free, and you can be whomever you want to get one. That dealership is a piece of crap and would never go back.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
If you become a supporting member of the org you can get all the free reports you can handle. There is a thread in the premium member area for all oasis requests. It also helps keep this great site going

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
That sealership sucks. They are lying to you and an Oasis is free. I wouldn'tt have anything to do with them and I damm sure wouldn't take their word for anything. You still have time to take it back under buyers remorse.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If you become a supporting member of the org you can get all the free reports you can handle. There is a thread in the premium member area for all oasis requests. It also helps keep this great site going
Thanks I'll think about it.

That sealership sucks. They are lying to you and an Oasis is free. I wouldn't have anything to do with them and I damn sure wouldn't take their word for anything. You still have time to take it back under buyers remorse.
Bought it from a private party. It's to bad I was told good things about the ford dealership here in town. I left a mesg for the GM to call me we will see what happens.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
What section is that in?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
BANNED
3,231 Posts
What section is that in?

Its in the General Topics - Premium Members Forum... its one of those secret areas that only the privileged elite know about:poke

Pay up Adam!!

to the OP, hope you get the ex squared away. The small fee you will pay to be a premium member is nothing when compared to the amount of knowledge you can gain from this site. Welcome to your new home away from home:rofl:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Its in the General Topics - Premium Members Forum... its one of those secret areas that only the privileged elite know about:poke

Pay up Adam!!

to the OP, hope you get the ex squared away. The small fee you will pay to be a premium member is nothing when compared to the amount of knowledge you can gain from this site. Welcome to your new home away from home:rofl:
Yea man I def don't mind supporting if it's worth it

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea man I def don't mind supporting if it's worth it

I just don't like paying autoguide

·
BANNED
3,231 Posts
You might not like to pay autoguide, but it does take money to keep these forums going, if nobody paid these forums may not be here (i know they get money from advertisements as well). Chances are, the first time you have an issue with your truck that you diagnose and repair with information you learned from this site, you will have saved your self hundreds of dollars in labor/diagnosis fees from a shop. This site has saved me thousands of dollars in the past two years, I'm up for supporting anything that winds up saving me a boat load of money...

You get hassle free oasis reports, that in itself is a huge bonus if you are looking at buying a truck... I am in no way affiliated with autoguide and do not recieve anything from these forums other than information... just throwing that out there..

·
Registered
570 Posts
Do not be afraid of stock bolts etc. if it was not tuned and was maintained properly, is it an early or late 04? look at the doorjamb for the build date, look at the valve cover it will say 03-or04, if the stickers are gone look for a plug connected to the wire harness on the passenger side valve cover, if it is there it is an 04. I have an 04 f250 6.0, an 01 v-10 excursion, and had an 04 f-250 6.0 that I bought new and had ALL of the problems in 04-05. Bullet proof diesel has 04+ FICMs in production, and 03 FICMs in beta testing.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Do not be afraid of stock bolts etc. if it was not tuned and was maintained properly, is it an early or late 04? look at the doorjamb for the build date, look at the valve cover it will say 03-or04, if the stickers are gone look for a plug connected to the wire harness on the passenger side valve cover, if it is there it is an 04. I have an 04 f250 6.0, an 01 v-10 excursion, and had an 04 f-250 6.0 that I bought new and had ALL of the problems in 04-05. Bullet proof diesel has 04+ FICMs in production, and 03 FICMs in beta testing.
It's a 08/03 it has a Edge tuner, lifted ?inch, Bilsteins all around, XD series with open country tires. JVC touch screen up front with a alpine tv in the back.
It has a great body no rust no dents.
The interior has seen better days crack windshield, something is wired in to the MAF. The over head display is out.

You might not like to pay autoguide, but it does take money to keep these forums going, if nobody paid these forums may not be here (i know they get money from advertisements as well). Chances are, the first time you have an issue with your truck that you diagnose and repair with information you learned from this site, you will have saved your self hundreds of dollars in labor/diagnosis fees from a shop. This site has saved me thousands of dollars in the past two years, I'm up for supporting anything that winds up saving me a boat load of money...

You get hassle free oasis reports, that in itself is a huge bonus if you are looking at buying a truck... I am in no way affiliated with autoguide and do not recieve anything from these forums other than information... just throwing that out there..
I do understand what you are saying. I was on Ramchargercentral for years with Sam running the show. People paid to help Sam keep the site up and running, the site now is just another forum autoguide runs. A forum is only as good as it's members.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can you tell if head studs have been done just buy looking at the engine same with the EGR?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Can you tell if head studs have been done just buy looking at the engine same with the EGR?
Yes for head studs - look at this thread:
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/107492-these-head-bolts-identify-picture.html

It's trickier for the EGR cooler. On the passenger side, look under the intake manifold for a short orange or blue tube connected to a long silver stainless steel cooler. If it isn't there, it's been deleted. If it's there, either it is still functional or maybe it's been taken out, welded shut, and put back in.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes for head studs - look at this thread:
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/107492-these-head-bolts-identify-picture.html

It's trickier for the EGR cooler. On the passenger side, look under the intake manifold for a short orange or blue tube connected to a long silver cigar-shaped cooler. If it isn't there, it's been deleted. If it's there, either it is still functional or maybe it's been taken out, welded shut, and put back in.
Thanks Jim_C !!
Clearly my search for that topic was faulty!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's all still there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts