Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New to Ford and Diesel motors need some help

634 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bismic 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my father inlaw is giving my a 2006 f250 with an 6.0 in a few days and im going to need some help on where i sould start on the rebuild. The truck was parked about four years ago after he started having fuel in the coolant. He was told that the heads would need to be changed, but he just went out and bought a F350 istead. So the the question is where should I start with the rebuild. Since it's been sitting so long do I repair the existing motor just buy a refurbished motor.

#5 ·
I know there is a kit for like $300 that is supposed to repair this without removing the head, have no experience with it though so someone else can chime on that.

You will need to replace the coolant hoses as well due to the fuel compromising them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
First, identify the cylinder or cylinders that are causing the problem. Usually it is one (or more) of the two middle cylinders on each side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.