Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, Well I just got my first Diesel truck. its a 2008 6.4 F350. I got to work on it right away. I have a super chips programmer, 5" Magnaflow exhast, a 4 in lift and 35 in tires.

Question#1 Is it safe to run the superchips programmer on performance all the time? I have heard alot of different answers about it.

Question#2 I want to do a Cold Air intake and a few other easy bolt ons. What should I get.

Question #3 What am i missing?? and Do i need any PCM re programming or anything? any other mods i should have??

Truck is mainly doing light towning under 7000 lbs, and some daily driving.

Thanks in advance im looking forward to learning lots from you guys.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Welcome to the ORG!
im sure the other 6.4 owners will let you in there tricks!

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
If you are still running the DPF system I wouldnt run the Superchips very long. It will clog that sucker up. I have heard many horror stories on this. We have been selling alot of the SCT DPF delete setups with no problem. I also sell the Spartan DPF delete system. Our first one is coming this week. Should be a very nice system from what I have been told. They were just released 2 weeks ago. We sell alot of the AFE intake systems. The S&B is also a good choice.

·
Registered
804 Posts
diesel particulate filter - DPF

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
DPF is the huge 60 pound Diesel Particulate Filter under your truck just after the catalytic converter. SCT is a company name. So is AFE.

That DPF filter is what kills the fuel economy of these new trucks.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Removing the DPF requires a programmer, sorry Superchips is a no go for DPF delete. To remove the DPF it takes either the SCT LiveWire or the Spartan tuner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts