Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up PowerStrokers!!! I have a quick question.

I just lifted my 2002 F250 7.3 PSD and want to run 315/75/16. I know that my gears in the differentials are 3.73. Should I consider getting my shift points changed to compensate for the bigger tires? If I should can I do it myself with a programmer or take it to a dealership/shop to get that done? Anyone with info on this subject it would be great to hear.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I have an 02 F-250 CCLB 4x4 with a lift and 315/75r16 tires. I have the 3.73 gears and never had them changed. Truck still has plenty of power and I never felt that it would be worth the money to have them changed. I just installed the PHP Phoenix 6 position chip and am more than happy with it. This weekend I drove it to the Blue Ridge Mountains and it did awesome. It even climbed Afton Mountain {the steepest around this area) without ever kicking out of overdrive.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Granted I'm not in a OBS but I have 345/75/16s on my truck with stock 3.73 gears and it shifts just fine. It did a lot better after I had my speedometer recalibrated but even before that it was fine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Thanks guys I appreciate your inputs. So I should not be to concerned about my truck shifting differently?
Nope, you should be good to go, worse case scenario you have to get your speedo recalibrated. Does your truck have abs?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts