Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im surprised there is not more activity on the Alberta forum, there are fords at work everywhere! I got my '05 F350 a few months ago from Red Deer and I need some advice with a build plan. Ive got my EGR/coolant flush/headstud crap almost figured but now I've ran into problems with the suspension and may need to start on that first. But I dont know where to start? Any albertans out there with some advice, maybe a good shop to go to? Heres to a shot in the dark...

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Tonnes of advice on here!!

Got a couple good shops, check out GT DIESEL there out of High River, Talk to wayne i believe, GREAT guy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm from grande prairie and would also enjoy being part of a SD group. I bought a new to me 08 Harley f250 and am interested in some mods.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey im from calgary alberta picked up a 2002 f350 lariat crew cab shorty a few months ago love the truck other then it needs exhaust chip lift wheels and tires lol

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I'm from Calgary too. Wouldn't mind getting involved with some meets or get togethers but they seem nonexistent.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
me too ! i think mabey we shouls start a group for ford guys here in alberta ... unless there are some already . if there is i cant find them . i would love to find out where all the diesel shows and races truck pulls ect... are there must be some stuff out there in calgary , edmonton or even red deer

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's a psd owners group on Facebook for bc/ab/sask but that's all I've seen. I'm from red deer myself looking for someone knowledgeable willing to help with an egr delete :)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
tonto ; wow 190000 on a stock egr cooler thats good . when the dealer pulled up my oasis it said my truck had a cooler go at 55k and 1 injector besides that i am all stock as far as heads and injectors go . just for info are you still running stock injectors and head bolts ? as far as the egr delete goes i am also wanting to get that done but havent ever done it before , but with all the info on this site i may build up the balls to tear into it this spring while i am off . i would recomend changing your oil cooler as well since you are in that far already . also do u no what your ect eot delta is ? they say if its over 15 degrees apart it must be changed as well . mine is floating around 12 .

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My deltas have slowly been climbing since I bought it last year, but between 7-9 degrees as of last week. Had the stc fitting/ dummy plugs and stand pipes updated so I feel okay with just the egr delete and turbo line upgrades. Also blue spring. Where you located?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
My deltas have slowly been climbing since I bought it last year, but between 7-9 degrees as of last week. Had the stc fitting/ dummy plugs and stand pipes updated so I feel okay with just the egr delete and turbo line upgrades. Also blue spring. Where you located?
im located in stettler about 45 min from red deer . 7-9 delta seems great compared to mine . did you do all the mods your self ? i seem to be working on my truck everyother weekend doing something to make it better , just added the gogo solenoid for the direct clutch makes the 3 to 5 shift less sloppy more line press. real firm now . do u run tunes on your truck or just stock tuning ?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
My deltas have slowly been climbing since I bought it last year, but between 7-9 degrees as of last week. seems like you need to flush the ford gold coolant and add some elc must be ec-1 rated also a coolant filter would stop your seltas from rising

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only thing I haven't done was the leveling kit and stc fitting. I'm ready to do an egr delete, turbo line updates and blue spring but I'm still a little hesitant on digging that far in by myself lol. No tunes yet but as soon as the delete is in I'm ordering Matt's SRL lite. You do all your mods?

·
Registered
112 Posts
From Blackfalds, here, My EGR Delete was done over at Canada Custom's in Red Deer.
Then I ended up finishing myself as the Mech only blocked the up pipe instead of replacing it as he should have. They did right though, Gave me the missing parts and threw in a set of airbags. They fired the tech after I finished explaining why you don't use a block off plate on the up pipe.

I've learned to do a lot of my own work, every time I hit the stealership its a min $3grand. Replacing an injector and Glow plug right now.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
ya i hear ya man , i wanted to change out my turbo for an 03 turbo (for the sound) and asked ford how much for a r&r of the turbo . there quote was 400-600 dollars . i was shocked and just did it my self ...took me 4 hrs ...umm i wonder if that guy who did the egr delete on your truck did anything else he shounlnt have ? good luck with the injector and glow plug

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah there is nobody trustworthy around our parts mechanically. I just had some suspension work done at Gearhead in Red Deer, $1800 later... Wouldn't let anyone around here touch the engine though.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Yeah there is nobody trustworthy around our parts mechanically. I just had some suspension work done at Gearhead in Red Deer, $1800 later... Wouldn't let anyone around here touch the engine though.
thats too bad ehh i wish there were reliable techs in the area but i no of none. there is this one place in calgary called broken axel ive heard good things about there work on 6.0

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would hope your talking a 6" lift at that price, what did you have done? Never heard of Gearhead.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just had my EGR removed at Diesel Injection (AKA Vimy Diesel)
Great work but you really need to book ahead around 10-20 days.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts