Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an sct 3015ID from innovative diesel. Did I make a good choice? What does everyone run as their DD tune?

·
Registered
568 Posts
SCT is always a good choice, don't forget to talk to Eric about some good tunes.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
yup thats a good one, the difference between the 3015ID and the 3015 is the 3015ID comes preloaded with Eric's tunes. The standard SCT 3015 just has the SCT canned tunes and then you have to get with one of the tuners for the custom tunes. Anyways thats my understanding

·
Registered
812 Posts
That's the same one I bought.it's preloaded w/Erics tunes I run extreme street as DD mixed driving I get 16+mpg just have to keep the right foot off the floor !! Over 20 k no issues at all. I say it's a good choice

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe your right. I'll try it out probably next week when it comes. I had to do away with the bully dog triple gt. at first it was fun until I started noticing things weren't right.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's good. Mine has been in the shop 3 times since I've had it. Only 1.5 years. Starting to believe it was bullydog

·
Registered
812 Posts
By chance r u monitoring trucks vitals

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Talk to Eric about having run the Bully Dog GT. I bet he will tell you to get you truck reflashed before loading the SCT tunes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got my new tuner. Love the power. As far as the options go such as egr on or off, shifting firmness, jake brake, what is recommended to have those set as?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I would advise NOT using any race tune with early lockup as a DD. Not sure if Eric street tunes have early lockup.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I would advise NOT using any race tune with early lockup as a DD. Not sure if Eric street tunes have early lockup.
Which ones have early lockup? (ie, Looney, etc?)

I'm running Looney as a DD tune.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Your looney does not have touque converter lockup in lower gears unless its a track specific file. Thats the way she writes them and makes for a safe and comfortable daily driver tune.

Most of Eric's and TSD's high hp or race tunes will. You should always ask to make sure.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I run the extreme street as my dd me and my truck love it. Have not noticed any mpg gain but I cant keep my foot out of it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've been running extreme street for about a week now. Love it. Would this be an okay tune to run for 100 mile round trip interstate commute? Or something more mild?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts