Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've asked some questions and have done a lot of reading and wanted to say thank you to this site and members in general. My wife and I brought my new truck home, an 06 F350. I was a wreck the entire time I was going over it, and I had a page and a half checklist of things to verify that I would have never known about. There are a couple things I need to take care of - like the factory tow hooks are gone. The radio seems to be a replacement, factory AM/FM, so the steering wheel radio controls do not work at the moment. Who knows what I missed, but all in all it's in good shape, and I'm happy as could be. I've got a small dealer warranty, so I'm going to drive every mile of it. Thanks guys!

-Oh yeah, what's the deal with the grille? How come it doesn't have the two vertical and horizontal crossmembers like most of them do? Was this aftermarket or something?

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm pretty sure that an aftermarket grill on you truck. Look at the pic of the grill on mine in the "Pics at last" thread and that is factory grill on a 06 lariat.

By the way, nice ride!:thumb:

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Looks good. :thumb:

·
Compression Ignition Addict
6,271 Posts
I've asked some questions and have done a lot of reading and wanted to say thank you to this site and members in general. My wife and I brought my new truck home, an 06 F350. I was a wreck the entire time I was going over it, and I had a page and a half checklist of things to verify that I would have never known about. There are a couple things I need to take care of - like the factory tow hooks are gone. The radio seems to be a replacement, factory AM/FM, so the steering wheel radio controls do not work at the moment. Who knows what I missed, but all in all it's in good shape, and I'm happy as could be. I've got a small dealer warranty, so I'm going to drive every mile of it. Thanks guys!

-Oh yeah, what's the deal with the grille? How come it doesn't have the two vertical and horizontal crossmembers like most of them do? Was this aftermarket or something?

If you really want to dig into the info on these 6.0's I have a couple of spreadsheets I have put together with many, many links to good maintenance procedures AND good mods. Just PM me w/ your email address if you are interested. It will really cut down on your Forum search time!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm with 06two50diesel looks like a factory chrome package grill with the center painted black. Kind of a reverse Harley custom.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congrats on the new truck, looks nice!

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
Congrats on the new truck! It looks great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts