Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the banks six gun on my o6 6.0. and yes i know how banks is way overpriced so please dont even bring that up as ive already bought the damn thing. i was just wondering if i would be better off trying to sell this PILE and go with someting like SCT or if i should just keep it and maybe stack a chip with it.????? IM open for suggestions.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Dont stack with the 6.0s. I have always heard that is a bad mix. It is a differen beast than the older engines.

I would hate to say dump the Banks after putting so much money out for it, but the SCTs with custom files has been the accepted route with the 6.0s.:nod:

If you did decided to switch, you would just want to get rid of the 6Gun and add the SCT. Dunno if you have the whole Banks kit (IC, exhaust, etc.), but if you do, that can all stay.:nod:

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
I had to admit it, but I agree with the others. I am sorry that you already spent the money, but I am sure that someone would love to have the Banks and then you can get you a SCT with custom tuning. You truck and tranny will thank you! Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks guys i appreciate all the feedback i will be posting my six gun on ebay first thing tuesday morning.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dont stack with the 6.0s. I have always heard that is a bad mix. It is a differen beast than the older engines.

I would hate to say dump the Banks after putting so much money out for it, but the SCTs with custom files has been the accepted route with the 6.0s.:nod:

If you did decided to switch, you would just want to get rid of the 6Gun and add the SCT. Dunno if you have the whole Banks kit (IC, exhaust, etc.), but if you do, that can all stay.:nod:
ya i got the whole kit and planned to keep it the banks IC and everything else is good. just not real happy with the six gun and was seriously contemplating selling the BANKS air intake as well mainly because the air filter looks like a K&N only with banks name on it it kinda scares me a little. need to convert to the afe dry!!

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
ya i got the whole kit and planned to keep it the banks IC and everything else is good. just not real happy with the six gun and was seriously contemplating selling the BANKS air intake as well mainly because the air filter looks like a K&N only with banks name on it it kinda scares me a little. need to convert to the afe dry!!
If you are looking to replace the 6Gun, go for it, you will not be upset. The rest of the kit is good (albeit overpriced, sorry, had to say it :sofa: :D) ...dunno really about the intake though. The stock intake on the 6.0s aint bad unless you are planning bigger power.:nod:

The AFE is a great kit, I have the Stage II XP.:thumb:

Good luck in your sale and let us know when ya ready for the SCT and we'll be happy to answer any questions you have about 'em.:thumb::sct:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool and thanks again for the help !!!

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
No problem! Glad we could help with your decision!:thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts