Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for new power. Here is the question, Should I look for a custom programer, or would a over the counter type be just as good. Need more power for my 97, Who is the best?

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Looking for new power. Here is the question, Should I look for a custom programer, or would a over the counter type be just as good. Need more power for my 97, Who is the best?
Tony Wildman, DP tuner, Elite Diesel

Over the counter types are garbage compared to what you can get from the "big three" listed above!

·
Registered
882 Posts
off-the-shelf brands will give you some power but from what i hear its no were near what tony wildman or dp tuner will get you.

·
Banned
722 Posts
about how much more hp or tq would you say you'd get from a custom chip like a tony wildman over a edge.

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
about how much more hp or tq would you say you'd get from a custom chip like a tony wildman over a edge.
HP/TQ numbers would depend on the mods you have on top of the chip/programmer.... your stock injectors are only really good for an additional 60-80HP over stock... i think the benefits come from the way it is tuned... their not just generic out of the box tuning... its tuning that is specific to your truck and its mods in mind.... not to mention the TW chip is adjustable on the fly

-Raul

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
722 Posts
can tony give you a custom tune for your truck. Can he give you a lope idle on the extreme setting.

·
Banned
722 Posts
sorry im a little tired. i ment a custom tune for my truck.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Let’s not forget that there is a big difference between a programmer and a chip. As for as chips go I prefer the TW 6 position chip. Raul can hook you up with one pretty reasonable.

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Dude don't ever put the edge on your truck. I don't care how many of your buddies have them. They are NOTORIOUS for burning up trannys and I learned the hard way and 3K later I sold my Edge.

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
lol.....

k you can either buy a new chip from us which comes with unlimited tunes ...

or we can reburn tony's tune to your TS chip if you already have one.. but you dont get unlimited tunes if we just do a reburn
OHHHHH
I see said the BLIND man!
Thanks!

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
ok i am missing something I google Tony Wildman chips and it gave me Total Diesel Proformance. Is this Tony's site or a nother dealer?
That is tony's actual site. Since you are on the West Coast as I am, he will direct you to Raul at Stealth Automotive, since he is a distributor. I PM'd with Tony last week about getting a chip and he answered all my questions but sent me Raul's way for the actual chip.
If you look at both sites, everything is the exact same, no price difference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts