Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a 2006 Lariat and new to owning a Diesel. I was wondering if I have an exhaust and air intake installed, am I gonna need a tuner? Also what does everyone suggest on products. I don't wanna overpay on something just for a name. Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
No, you do not need a tuner.

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
Hey Texas n Vegas!! Welcome to the site!! Congrats on the new ride too!!:icon_ford:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I recently got a 2006 Lariat and new to owning a Diesel. I was wondering if I have an exhaust and air intake installed, am I gonna need a tuner? Also what does everyone suggest on products. I don't wanna overpay on something just for a name. Thanks

if you hang out on this site alot you definitely gonna want a tuner and all sorts of other stuff, I had money until I found this site:thumb::hehe:

·
Registered
804 Posts
if you hang out on this site alot you definitely gonna want a tuner and all sorts of other stuff, I had money until I found this site:thumb::hehe:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH :doh::doh:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah with a new truck comes a new payment, haha. I wanted a quick and cheap mod. I needed the truck for towing my toy hauler and quads. Friends have the nice sounding diesels and black smoke and I instantly fell for diesel trucks. Just didn't want pay too much for something. This site is great!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
How many miles are on your truck? Exhaust is always good to help the truck breath and cooler EGT's.

Congrats on the truck, and welcome to the ORG....

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Hey Texan, scheidt27 is absolutely right. Got my 05 Excursion in January, joined the org in February, and now I have the zoodad mod, SCT Livewire with DJ's tunes, SCT EGT sensor, 4" MBRP exhaust, 6" Pro Comp lift, 35x12.5x18 Nitto Mud Grapplers, Recon smoke mirror lens. :woot::burnout Haven't gotten the lift and tires on yet, I'm still looking for a set of Jesse James chrome Widow rims. Get ready to open your wallet, enjoy :hehe:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts