Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright.. So I have recently come into the possession of a 2008 F-350 lariat XLT 6.4 4X4 off-road...It was owned by an older family member who said it was getting too difficult for him to get in and out of.. He sold it to me at a steal instead of trading it back in.. It will be seen if I have come into possession of a curse haha! The truck is pretty much bone stock.. It was very dirty and I have cleaned it up the best I could..Now I am a big time Do-it-yourselfer as I have always done my own mechanic work on other vehicles...I figured the best way to learn this truck would be to do all the fluid changes on my own...Figured out through the manuals how to change the fuel filters and the oil change was very simple.. got the fuel filters and oil changed and drained the transfer case and refilled it...NOW..There is a trouble code..hooked it up to my tuner and it read as a GAS TEMPERATURE SENSOR...I believe it resides in or near the DPF...Any help on how to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated..also any suggestions on beginning to upgrade the rig would be awesome!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
What is the code number?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll swing back by neighbors shop and stick the OBD tool back on it and get the number.. forgot to write it down DOH!..another question... would a trouble code like that cause loss of power/mpg? I know some trouble codes send the truck in to "limp" mode.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Best upgrade you will do is throw a tuner on it and drop that DPF! I have the H+S and it's not even the same truck anymore. Plus it gives you better MPG and turns off the EGR. Extending the life of your truck and it sounds so awesome and runs like a champ!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Its possible, depending on the dtc and or the condition.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts