Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on this forum everyday and for some reason today I'm showing "new posts" that are literally months old in the forums I frequent (all the 94-97 forums). I pretty much go through all new posts and if I don't, I'll "Mark all read" when I'm done. Anybody else seeing the same? Cheers!

Reactions: Hydro and ZMANN

·
Administrator
32,526 Posts
I do not see old post listed as new unless someone post in an old thread

what I do see is the above happening alot because the recommended reading pop up list dead old threads and it tricks folks into thinking they are current so they post in them

·
Premium Member
11,612 Posts
We tell people to use the search function. Then people get mad when people post to old discussions. Not sure why....but it happens.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is different than that. So today, the "94-98 7.3L Interior Discussion" forum icon tells me there are new posts in the forum. I go there and the first 5 threads are highlighted that indicate there are new posts in them. The latest posts in those threads are from 12, 6, 5, 5, and 4 months ago! Same deal with "94-99 7.3 Tech Files" and subforums. Weird. Cheers!

Reactions: ZMANN and Heavy_GD

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
I almost always use the forum on my PC, and rarely look at the recommended list. I do check multiple times in a day, and use the "new" button at the top of the screen when I visit (since I am suscribed to the 6.0 forum) -- but still I see posts that are a few days old, that I have somehow "missed". This is a frustrating thing which may be related to what Patrick is mentioning.

Reactions: jokester00

·
Administrator
23,438 Posts
Honestly it sounds like a AG algorithm issue to drive traffic.
Remember this site is designed to sell ads, we are here to help the people.
Sometimes the balance is off.

None the less please report these issues to the mothership: Contact Us

·
Premium Member
10,571 Posts
When you look at the new post on a PC at least it shows the origin date for the thread. I wish this was a mobile feature too. I always have to check and i'll be honest I don't use the phone feature that much anymore. Its not designed well/not the best user interface,

·
Administrator
32,526 Posts
well I was just deleting a new post from an old dead thread because the new post was just quotes and no content .. ( newbie user) but the thread stayed in the active area so I wonder if thats whats going on ? We get a lot of new users with bad intent trying to boost their post count by posting just about anything even one word ,, we often delete that garbage

next time you see this can you report the thread and I will look into it if you want ?

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep! Will do. It's been good lately. Cheers!

Reactions: ZMANN
1 - 9 of 9 Posts