Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
You have an f250? The other thing is wind buffering in the bed. And drag coefficients. Pickups have more drag because the bed. If you had a camper shell the mpg would be better. A taneau cover helps, but not as much as a shell.

Oh, and drug i by with the tailgate down makes it worse. This was proven on mythbusters

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Vendor
12,836 Posts
You have an f250? The other thing is wind buffering in the bed. And drag coefficients. Pickups have more drag because the bed. If you had a camper shell the mpg would be better. A taneau cover helps, but not as much as a shell.

F350. Which for mine I'm surprised I get 18 with 35" Terra grapplers on winterblend.

Have you ever had feelings for a nun??? "Nacho Libre"

·
california deplorable
10,515 Posts
i noticed a 3 to 4 mpg gain when i got my shell. on my cclb f 350. early 04.
i have heard ridiculous claims and not real good claims from hydrogen users I would really like to try it out some time.

as to injector noise I run a custom blend of cetane boost winter blend ps) and 2 stroke oil (tcw3)and my engine has never been quieter

·
california deplorable
10,515 Posts
i noticed a 3 to 4 mpg gain when i got my shell. on my cclb f 350. early 04. my best to date is 21 mpg mountain driving
i have heard ridiculous claims and not real good claims from hydrogen users I would really like to try it out some time.

as to injector noise I run a custom blend of cetane boost winter blend ps) and 2 stroke oil (tcw3)and my engine has never been quieter
ALSO: :ORG welcome:

·
Vendor
12,836 Posts
Me too. In a 16oz bottle I blend 4oz Amsoil cetane boost and Amsoil tcw3 2stroke. Then from that mix half that bottle to roughly 30gal fill up.

Have you ever had feelings for a nun??? "Nacho Libre"

·
Registered
115 Posts
Curious........

If I don't plan on running higher boost why is an egt important? Shouldn't an O2 sensor monitor my A/R ratios or do diesels just not work that way?
I already purchased an OBDII bluetooth connector and I'm going to get the torque app for my tablet. That should give me all the gauge info I need plus logging.
I'll give a review of those two products. At $10.00 for the BT connector and probably $5-$10 for the app this could be a great alternative to the $400+ scan gauge and things of that sort.

Was wondering if anyone has looked at the Torque app available in the app store for iPhone\iPad? Is this the same one MM75 mentions above? Developed by K Solution LLC. If not, anyone found a good monitoring tool for iPhone\iPad?

Swmpbgy1

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I don't think the torque app exists for IOS. I just looked and te closest you've got is obdII. It's free so I say try it out and see if it works. Or get rid of the crappy IOS devices and go with android.. it's better on every level. I've had my work iPhone for a week and I'm starting to like it less than my old BlackBerry

61 - 68 of 68 Posts