Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son gave me this truck so I could get better work more money and I put a new motor in it and I keep getting a code 2289 I replace the ICP I was thinking maybe it was the thicken and maybe it is the fuel rail pressure sensor it has started a couple times and I did drive it for a short period time down around the corner and back smoked like hell I don't believe that the turbos I recognized yet really stumped on this I've just learning about diesels and I've had it for about a year and a half now and I've been down for 3 months and I'm almost totally broke anybody have any suggestions or live anywhere near the Redding California oh I don't know if I'm supposed to say that or not I'm pretty new to the group here too just need help

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Knowing what year truck would be helpful to the many people that normally would respond to this.

If a new pigtail was installed, wiring pins one and two opposite of where they should be can cause this.

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Number

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Yeah, I should have typed that differently, but I was nodding off at the computer, keyboard impressions on my forehead.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Not entirely sure what "66" is supposed to correct.

We are gonna need to know where the ICP sensor is located (On the passenger side valve cover, or behind the turbo)
And then, please repost your original post with some grammar and spelling, as I really have no clue what your symptoms even are lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts