Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Mini Max and it should be here tonight. I am going to run it with the dpf on until I can figure out what I want to do exhaust wise. I wanted to see if there is anything I should know about running it with the dpf on and if there are any suggestions for settings.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I would just run it on the no power setting until you get the dpf removed. You won't get any tranny option to choose from until you select dpf removed tuning either.

·
Registered
2018 Ford F250
59 Posts
I ordered a Mini Max and it should be here tonight. I am going to run it with the dpf on until I can figure out what I want to do exhaust wise. I wanted to see if there is anything I should know about running it with the dpf on and if there are any suggestions for settings.

Thanks
When you do the download it will ask if DPF is present or removed. You should answer present. You will then have power levels of 0, +40, +80, or +120. There is a lot mor available with the DPF removed. I went with the 4" down pipe back with no muffler. People on this site said it would be quiet, and they were right. The power without the DPF is Awesome. I just recently installed mine. The Mini Max is a piece of cake. The exhaust takes some effort, but not complicated. I am doing the EGR delete tomorrow.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm not sure if i'm going to go with just a delete pipe or a full exhaust.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm not sure if i'm going to go with just a delete pipe or a full exhaust.

I have a 5" dp back and it sounds pretty good :thumb:.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't heard a 5 inch exhaust on these trucks yet. If I end up getting a full exhaust it will probably be that, but I kind of want to keep the stock look.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I did a downpipe back 4" MBRP straight pipe with a 5"tip and it sounds pretty good. Not real loud but the 6.4's aren't. get the exhaust QUICK!!!! It is a whole new beast trust me

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you know how it sounds compared to one with just a delete pipe? That is the only deleted 6.4 I have heard.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I did a downpipe back 4" MBRP straight pipe with a 5"tip and it sounds pretty good. Not real loud but the 6.4's aren't. get the exhaust QUICK!!!! It is a whole new beast trust me
x2. I initially ran mine with DPF on and I thought "hey this is cool, I have so much power." Then I ran with the DPF off and a delete pipe and I almost sheet myself at the difference in power.:woot:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Do you know how it sounds compared to one with just a delete pipe? That is the only deleted 6.4 I have heard.

The sound is just deeper.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice guys. I plan on doing the exhaust soon. First i want to get this squealing sound figured out and fixed before I do anything else.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
What's the squealing sound? Where does it sound like its coming from? When does it happen?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Sorry my where is it coming from sounds like a stupid question. Actually I meant front, back, drivers side, pass. Side you know what I mean now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I cant really tell where its coming from. It sounds like a pulley. Its pretty loud. It doesnt do it all the time, but its happening more often

1 - 14 of 14 Posts