Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Behavior Modificationist
1,519 Posts
hello folks so im a diesel baby. just got my first diesel yesterday. 2000 f-350 7.3l dually 2wd ,extended cab with 046,000 miles. was an old mans truck so its bone stock. ive been working on gas cars most of my life and I dont know diesels. I can tell u that the truck has been well cared for .oil and gas filter changed every five thousand. starts right up in the cold. white smoke . only thing I noticed is that on idle when cold the engine will idle up to about 1100 rpms every five minutes or so. if I touch the gas it idles back down. I thought it might just be the turbo spooling up but like I said im brand new.

ALSO whats the first performance things I should do?
ehaust?
downpipe?
programmer ?

ile post some pictures soon.

any help would be great thanks, 1810rizzo7.3
Hey 1810rizzo7.3 :ORG welcome: Sounds like a great truck! What youre experiencing with the idle is normal. There are a great couple of threads in our section about cold winter starts and what to expect. Follow this link: http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ and scroll down to the section for our trucks (99-03 7.3) and post in the respective areas listed. Feel free to use the search options too as our trucks have been around the block through the years and so much great info is already posted. Ask any questions, congrats on the truck and WELCOME!

·
Registered
823 Posts
CAN YOU WIN ROTM MORE THAN ONE TIME IN A YEAR?....

21 - 22 of 22 Posts