Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. im new to forum and have just obtained an 06 crew short bed fx4 250. its completely stock and just wonder what suggestions you guys would have for me for some light performance mods and any future problems i could try and avoid by doing things now. my other vehcle is a 01 ram 2500 4x4 and the cummins forum was monumental with help and keeping that thing in tip top shape.

thanks in advance
shawn

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
WELCOME to the site!! The knowledgable 6.o guys will gladly help you out here shortly!:thumb:

·
Registered
804 Posts
:ORG welcome:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
welcome to the org :thumb: :icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
:welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1:​

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
WELCOME TO THE ORG SHAWN!!

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Compression Ignition Addict
6,255 Posts
I have a spreadsheet with a ton of info on mods. If you are interested, just PM me w/ an email address and I can send it to you. I also have another spreadsheet that contains many days of reading on how to maintain and repair your truck.

My opinion on mods -
1. coolant filter
2. ccv re-route
3. gauges
4. 24 inch wipers - I love them
5. security items - there are a lot of thefts (jimmi jammers, Ravelco, etc)
6. Keep going per personal preference

·
Registered
19 Posts
i'd do easy mods like exhaust and a cold air. a chip is a huge hp gain with little initial expense. however the 6.0 ltr is notorious for blowing headgaskets. i know $10k later(blew head gaskets,warpped heads). if i could do it all over again head studs would be the first mod. crappy thing about that is you have to lift the cab because the motor is too far under the cowling. its a time consuming process. when i got my truck done the labour alone was $5k... something like 27 hrs but they pulled the entire motor to pull the heads. if you go with the studs you should really step up to the plate and ring the heads too. i see little sense in lifting the cab again down the road. its worth the peace of mind and its not a common mod. you'd really be up on alot of guys

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THANKS EVERYONE, BISMIC-PM SENT. I GUESS I LIKE THE HEADS JUST WHERE THEY ARE SO IM PROBABLY JUST GONNA GO WITH A TURBO BACK 4INCH SYSTEM AND THATS IT. I GOT A REALLY GOOD DEAL AND HAVE A LOT OF WARRANTY LEFT, SO I DONT WANT TO MESS THAT UP.

·
Premium Member
14,493 Posts
:welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1:

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
Welcome Shawn! A good exhaust is the first mod I would suggest and it looks like you are already going that. As far as an intake, the stock air box for the 6.0L works just fine, unless you start getting up in the higher HP range and using bigger injectors and turbos. Gauges are always a nice addition to your cab. It is just a nice way of watching what is going on under the hood. There is also a the Zoodad mod, which is something you can do yourself to help get more air in your intake. If you want just a little more power, I high suggest the SCT with custom tuning. It is the superior tuner for the 6.0L motor and tranny. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need and again welcome to the Org!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts