Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!
First off, I may be the only girl on this site! haha. But I am here to gain information about everything diesel and powerstroke since I am planning on buying a ford in the next half year and from my friends trucks, I have an idea of what I want. But I will need your help in getting the language down and specific!

I am a student in college and will be spending hopefully the next years ofmy life driving from farm to farm for my job.

I am not sure on how to navigate the forums as of yet, so I will post my questions here.

1. My friend has a diesel that really rumbles when he starts it and is loud whenever he drives. Is that due to the diesel engine, or would something have to be altered to get the noise?

2. The same person has the exhaust pipe that I know is not normally on trucks, but it's bigger and it blows black smoke. What is the pipe called?

3. For smaller lifts (So you could still haul trailers if you need to), what would the size be?

4. Does anyone know of a place in Northern Virginia that is a diesel shop? Or would I have to go down to Chesapeake where they have Twisted Diesel?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
19,666 Posts
Glad to have you - :welcome2: to the ORG!!!

Actually, there are several 'girls' on here so you'll be in good company!!!

For the different year models and engines, go up the top nav bar and click on forums. Then scroll down to the sections for each of the above. Lots of good info in each that will help you.

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
:ORG welcome:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts