Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought I would say hello. 22yr master tech with little experience in diesel engines. Never really liked them until I had to buy one to work out of. What was I thinking? Yeah, now I'm hooked. I work in the oil field so a stout truck is a must. Picked up a 99 4x4 Crew shortbed a couple years ago and don't think I'll ever go back to gas except for old hotrods, and trying to figure a way to put a powerstroke in a muscle car.........:doh:

Anyway, it's got 250k on it, all stock except for a TS 6pos chip, and starting to get a little sluggish, so planning on some performance upgrades on the worn parts, and hope to find some good info here. Most of the work will be done by me, mainly because I just don't trust others to put as much into repairs as I will. Been in the industry too long to think otherwise, but hopefully some of you guys can steer me toward a reputable shop that won't rip my head off and still not fix the problems. I'm in NE PA for the time being, and would like to find someone trustworthy local to go to for advise and major repairs as needed. Any support would be greatly appreciated.

So hellu, and glad to be here!

·
Super Moderator
19,525 Posts
Glad to have you - :welcome2: to the ORG!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
welcome!! and there is a lot of good info here, and helpful people.

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts