Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm Andy. I am a carpenter and own a '03 6.0 4wd crew cab. I'm currently struggling through an engine replacement and trying to find helpful diagnosing info. I'd like to proactively thank everyone who runs the site and the helpful members for all their great knowledge and help.

Good to be here,
Andy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
My first problem

So I got a salvage engine with 47k miles because my mechanic said my old engine was trash. I decided to do the replacement myself because who doesn't love an education. I got the new to me engine in and everything connected. I assume since the engine is a '04 with 47k on it that it's been sitting for a super long time. I didn't put on my oil cooler, hpop, etc, it had it's own. Now I have a crank no start and need to go back and start fixing some stuff.

I have a scan gauge and the readings are
key on eng off
fmp 47.5
icp 4
SYC 0
ipr 14.8

cranking
fmp 47.5
icp 5
syc 1
ipr 84.7

No base oil pressure.

So what's next?

Thanks for all your help.

·
Premium Member
19,999 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So based on diesel tech ron's video on youtube I swapped out my hpop today. While in there I checked my ipr sensor screen and o-rings. Didn't see any visible damage to pump or rings, put in a different pump and new gasket kit.

No change in situation besides the huge oil leak that I now have. I'm guessing I used the wrong product at the back of the oil pump cover to create a seal. I used a blue colored gasket maker.

Don't know where to go from here.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
:ORG welcome: Andy.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts