Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I have introduced myself before, however didn't post any pictures due to work being in progress. I've had the truck for about 3 months now and I absolutely love it. Finally installed my headlights today and in this post just wanted to share some pictures and show you what I got going on. Will be stripping the chrome off bumpers and painting those as well to match the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you getting new wheels?
Yes of course, just not sure how to go about it. I don't know whether to wait for the lift and then pick the wheels or get the wheels now, I would love to get them now I am just not sure how the offset works once the lift is on. I really like methods, i prefer less wheel more tire.

Really like these, just with different bolt colors.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
great taste. all depends what lift and tire diameter you want. others will chime in on what works for them. most do a 4" lift with 35's

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
great taste. all depends what lift and tire diameter you want. others will chime in on what works for them. most do a 4" lift with 35's
Thank you appreciate the kind words. So far I see that these either come with 18 offset or 0, what would be the right fit? Thats what confuses me a bit or does that depend on the lift?

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Offset is basiclly how far the wheel sits in or out of the wheel well. -18 is 18mm outward, +18 is 18mm inward and 0 is where the wheel bore is centered over the hub. The offset depends on the look you are going for and also can depend on the lift and tire size you go with if you are cutting it close with clearance.
you should clear 35x12.50 tires on a -18 offset tire no problem if you have 4” lift. If you do a leveling kit you will need to do some light trimming and double calculate clearances

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Offset is basiclly how far the wheel sits in or out of the wheel well. -18 is 18mm outward, +18 is 18mm inward and 0 is where the wheel bore is centered over the hub. The offset depends on the look you are going for and also can depend on the lift and tire size you go with if you are cutting it close with clearance.
you should clear 35x12.50 tires on a -18 offset tire no problem if you have 4” lift. If you do a leveling kit you will need to do some light trimming and double calculate clearances
Thanks for the explanation, I really appreciate it. I have been looking at different lifts and I really like the look of 6"-8". You know I truly just want as big of tire as I can possibly fit, I would love to run 38s or even 40s. As far as the wheel size, I will most likely stick with 18s or possibly even go with 17s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I have introduced myself before, however didn't post any pictures due to work being in progress. I've had the truck for about 3 months now and I absolutely love it. Finally installed my headlights today and in this post just wanted to share some pictures and show you what I got going on. Will be stripping the chrome off bumpers and painting those as well to match the truck.
Welcome on board mate, She looks pretty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts