Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past winter I rolled my 08 F250 XLT Crew Cab 6 foot bed with a 6 spd manual transmission, from a buddy that has a garage I have found out it was one of like 8 made. So I am having him rebuild it. I had already installed a Roush Cold Air intake, a 4 in Banks exhaust on it, and had a banks programmer on it that really didn't do anything to it. I have a few ideas I was just looking around for more ideas to get the fuel efficeny up near 20 mpg, and increase the realibity of it since ford did away with manual transmissions.

Ideas so far:
Firestone Work Rite Air suspension
Banks Intercooler
DPF and EGR Delete Kits
Spartan Tuner
Crank case Ventilation Mod
EBC Pads and Rotors
Transmissions upgrades since the cab has to come off

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
:ORG welcome:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
welcome to the org and looks like you got it down for the most part. I would do a coolant flush and add cat elc and maybe a coolant filter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome, I'm pretty sure he's replaced all the fluids by now just to see what he had to work with, but I'm not familiar with cat elec and what would be the benefit of the coolant filter? So far the only upgrade I found for the manual would be a south bend clutch by the way it looks, any ideas?

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I would also recommend a coolant filter and cat elc. It takes out all the casting sand from the block that clogs up the oil cooler. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
the gold coolant builds up in the truck and when you do a flush it will break it all free and start to clog stuff up. Poeple have installed the filter and had sand in it. Cat ELC is just a coolant that is HIGHLY recommended by almost everyone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for clearing that up. Would you guys put any sort of air lockers or traction bars or something to make it a more capably truck? akak something less capable of getting stuck or spining tires on a slight incline with wet pavement, it already is a 4X4 and has a limited slip rear end in it, but I have gotten stuck once or twice in a snow bank, and that was a little humbling to say the least...

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
a tru track or locker would be nice. Also one day i will probably get some PMF traction bars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts