Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been debating on putting a bed cover on my truck as I always have stuff in the bed that I want to keep dry.. my tool box in the bed wasn't big enough.. so I debated on roll and lock, leather cover, fiberglass lid...

leather cover cheap but no security, folding cover can lock but dont like the look of the panels..

roll and lock and fiberglass lid can secure the contents but my bed rails are still exposed with the roll and lock and they now have holes from the tool box I had in it and the ladder rack it use to have as a roof truck... both covers around $1100-$1200...

after much debate and looking around I found a Raider low profile bed lid that came off a 2007 King Ranch bought by a contractor for his work truck and he wanted a cap so he put his cover in the classifieds and sold me his cover for $500 ... and guess what his truck was white too I didn't even have to paint it .. one single handle on the back it has the carpet on the bottom side too...

:thumb:

Im happy I did have to drive 310 miles round trip to get it but it still only cost me $590 with fuel

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Looks great Chris, nice and sleek.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sweet! i used to have a lorider lid and loved it! they're tough too. :thumb:

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Nice, Clean Look

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
blends right in. hopefully you will see some mpg gains. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Hey man, what kind of truck is that? I cant see the back sticker clear enough! I think you need to make it bigger!!! HAHAHA LMAO.....

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey man, what kind of truck is that? I cant see the back sticker clear enough! I think you need to make it bigger!!! HAHAHA LMAO.....
Is a 2000 GMC 4x4 3500 longbed with a 24V Cummins :wink[3]:

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: I like my powerstrokes LMAO, it gives the other diesels and gassers something to read while I'm passing them :woot: :icon_ford:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Looks great:thumb:, I have always liked those glass caps.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
HAHAHA...thats funy right there, I dont care who you are!!

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Looks good. I plan on getting a flushmount fiberglass one soon to hopefully improve mileage

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Looks good Chris... I love my glass cover, too!!!

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Thumbs up! Looks good!:thumb:

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys

the best part is even when it rains my stuff is nice and dry still back there :) so far I love it .. it will likely deter people from wanting to use my truck to move stuff now too, In some cases it will be a pita for large things I may need to haul but I do have a 2 bed quad trailer 8x8 and I always can use the enclosed if the stuff I need to haul is to big to fit back there

·
Registered
719 Posts
That cover looks awesome! I love my cover and think it's great for long trips with bad weather or if you keep stuff back there and are in the bad side of town lol.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
looks sweet man. :thumb: should help with a little fuel economy too. :woohoo: :rockwoot:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts