Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I have done quite a few upgrades this summer to my truck. Spent alot of money on it. Lets see I got 2005 Headlights w/ hids and dual color turn signal bulbs, 2005 Badges, removed steps. Clay barred the whole truck, Compounded and polished it, removed all the trim, and finally got some 35" Trail Grapplers with 20" Fuel Hostages. Only thing left to do is line-x the bed. Well there is no real point to this post other than I like to brag. Just like getting :thumb: from people for all my hard work.

Here is at the beginning of the summer

Here is at the End of the Summer

And here is the hood before and after I clayed, componded and polished it.

Thanks for Looking

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Do the '05 headlights actually perform better than the stock ones that came on your truck before you installed the HID's? Or were you just going for the look?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was actually just going for the look because I hated those orange turn signals up front. But they are a ton brighter. Definitly worth the upgrade.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Looks good man. I love the look with no steps. I wanna take mine off but the couple times I have I almost fall out at some point and put them back on. Plus then my 4yr old couldn't climb in.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
looks real real good man :thumb:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Lookin' good!
I'm digging the updated grill and headlight look.

Clay bar is worth the trouble. I recently removed the protected coating of filth on my '01 and clay barred it and it turned out great.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Looks great indeed, like a whole new truck. I really like the side modling removal, I've been considering doing it to my truck but I'm worried about the difference in paint tone since I have a bright red truck, looks great on your white rig though.

·
Registered
146 Posts
What brand clay bar did you use, how easy was it, and about how long did it take you? I'm interested in clay barring my truck but I don't know how easy it is.

·
Registered
394 Posts
What brand clay bar did you use, how easy was it, and about how long did it take you? I'm interested in clay barring my truck but I don't know how easy it is.
It's kind of a big job. I have used the Mother's clay bar and it took my brother and I all day to do a car, but we also went over the car with some 3M Performance Finish paint "sealant" after, that stuff is like cement but it lasts forever and does a great job of protecting; far better than wax. I've been meaning to clay my truck and do another coat of the 3M, but then it'll be too shiny to take out in the rain.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Very clean truck!!! Love it!! Here's the thumbs up you're looking for.... :thumb:

·
Registered
146 Posts
From the looks of it it's worth a days work. I had never heard of a clay bar until reading this post. You learn something new everyday!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Looks great ! I also want to do the moulding but a little scared it will be a different color underneath and I'll be stuck putting them back on...
What did u do to remove the glue ?

·
Banned
3,012 Posts
Using a clay bar, a few steps of good polishes, a good sealant, and a good wax to bring out the shine does amazing things, especially to dark colored vehicles...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts