Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in an effort of quieting down the cab, and some free speakers, I have a whole interior/system project on my hands.

Plans, please add anything if see fit, I am open to all suggestions!

The whole interior is coming out. I bought 100sq ft of "fat mat" I am going to double line the floor.

72 sqft Dynamat Xtreme, for the doors, rear panel, and as much roof as I can

New carpet from LMC truck, Mine has alot of stains, a rip, etc.

KENWOOD KDC-HD545U

JL J2 320.4 for the speakers

4x Infinity Kappa 60.9cs with crossovers

6x8 to 6.5 adapter plates

10" Infinity Kappa 100.9 sub

1000w Sony monoblock amp for the above sub

Going with all 14ga shielded speaker wire form amp to crossovers to speakers/tweerers. 10ga from amp to sub. And 6 rca's coming from HU to amps.

Pics to come, I might also look into painting some tar stuff on the underside/outer firewall

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Sounds nice! did you win the loto? :)

·
Air Assault!!
716 Posts
If you need any help with pricing on the product let me know I work for Stinger and may be able to get you quite the deal.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds nice! did you win the loto? :)
Not Hardly, I wish... Lotto would be a new 6.7 lol

If you need any help with pricing on the product let me know I work for Stinger and may be able to get you quite the deal.
Damn, wish I'd have seen this sooner, I think I did alright though, some ebaying.

I may get in touch with you in the future:thumb:

Taking the interior out tonight, gonna shoot some pics:thumb:

·
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B
1,048 Posts
can't wait, one day I plan on doing some interior work like this to mine.

·
Air Assault!!
716 Posts
Heres some of mine....

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

There are a few, more to come. All the new speakers and tweeters are in now. Front tweeters are in the pillars. Put the headunit in this afternoon. Still need to mount crossovers and get the carpet in, having some issues lol, then time for cleaning up wiring and mounting amps

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Does Dynamat and stuff really make a big difference.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yupp, deff, its not 2 layers, just one layer. Looks like it is 2 in the pic, thats just where the one overlaps an inch on the other, just not good enough to line them up perfectly lol

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IDK, couldnt tell ya yet....

But I did the door seal mod with the 3/8" tubing, and I know the doors close alot tighter now, and cant wait to see it on the road:thumb:

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
Huge! I need to do mine

yupp, deff, its not 2 layers, just one layer. Looks like it is 2 in the pic, thats just where the one overlaps an inch on the other, just not good enough to line them up perfectly lol
I wasn't paying real close attention to the pics, just read where you said you wer gonna "double line" the floor. Sorry bout that.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yah, no prob! I thought I was going to double line it at first, but as I got working with it, I deferred that and just did one layer, and I have to say there seems to be very little difference in fatmat and dynamat. The one thing I read was that the adhesive may not last as long as the dynamat. That's why you see dynamat anywhere that may be affected by gravity haha

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
how much does it cost to do a CC? May have to add this to my to-do list.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
what did it run you dollar wise? Feel free to pm if you dont want to say it in public

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh, I don't care, Bought 100 sqft of fatmat on ebay for $140. 36 sqft of Dynamat Xtreme for $150

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
yah, no prob! I thought I was going to double line it at first, but as I got working with it, I deferred that and just did one layer, and I have to say there seems to be very little difference in fatmat and dynamat. The one thing I read was that the adhesive may not last as long as the dynamat. That's why you see dynamat anywhere that may be affected by gravity haha
I just helped a buddy of mine do his ext. cab D-Max and he used stuff called Rattle Trap. A little thicker than Dynamat and cheaper. He has used both in the past but seems to prefer the Rattle Trap.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Thats not that bad... Do you happen to have a link for the seller?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just helped a buddy of mine do his ext. cab D-Max and he used stuff called Rattle Trap. A little thicker than Dynamat and cheaper. He has used both in the past but seems to prefer the Rattle Trap.
Yeah, I saw that, actually the fatmat people make the rattle trap too, just a little thicker.

Thats not that bad... Do you happen to have a link for the seller?
100^ FatMat Xtreme Car Sound Deadener + Dynamat Roller: eBay Motors (item 180491126391 end time Sep-04-10 10:35:50 PDT)
DYNAMAT 10455 XTREME DAMPING BULK PACK 36SQFT NEW: eBay Motors (item 140426727115 end time Aug-11-10 08:34:44 PDT)
Those are the two people I bought it from

1 - 20 of 20 Posts