Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't stand it anymore. Did the DIY intake with a nice new 6637, and since I was under the hood anyway, the foil went away. Throttle response is a little better and there is a nice little turbo whistle coming from in front of the cab.:thumb:

Next will be a nice 4" exhaust, but since I had to bleed for Uncle Sugar, it will have to wait for another month or so.:doh:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Awesome bud! those are a fun couple of mods :thumb:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet... but where are the pics? :)
Left the digital camera at work. But tomorrow is another day. Best $50 I ever spent. Worked out pretty well, was able to leave the intake tube from the grill to the old air box in place, so the zoodad didn't go to waste.:woot:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Good stuff dude! cant wait to see some pics!

That foil was a beast to get off huh!? Took mine off and took like an hour with steelwole and every kinda chemical i could get my hands on. I used this stuff called "chem-dip" "texacol" wd40 and carb cleaner haha! This was probly cause of 2 reasons....1) im an idiot ad 2) i find the hard way to do things

right on bud!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I just ripped the foil off and put it back together, I dont care if the glue is ugly.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
For my foil delete I ended up soaking it in goo-gone and lighting it on fire a couple times, that got the insulation off but not the glue. I JUST realized I might have wanted to try PB blaster, oh well. I gently took a die grinder to it, I think it looks great, but not everybody likes that rough look i guess (looks better than glue though!)

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
yea, mine is bearly roughed up, shes all purdy haha.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
then you put it back together.
yeah then you lay your foot on it and pretend you're at an airport cause that's how it sounds.:thumb: :icon_ford:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts