Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ive been thinking about getting new injectors 94-97 Powerstroke Injectors (the first ones "tranny savers") and i was just wondering what else i would have to do to keep every thing under control or is what i have ok with just 130cc injectors ? thanks for the help

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i was looking at the stage 1 DIY injectors but didn't really think i needed stage 1 so i figured these are sufficient, do you think i need an inter cooler with the 130CC injectors as well or would i be OK with out one?

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
I'm not sure since I have never run without an I/C but maybe someone who HAS upgraded their injectors can tell you.

Personally an I/C would be one of the first things I'd put on an OBS truck :thumb:

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the 130cc beans injectors as well just becuase the diesel tech I know says that if you really want good reliabilty then 70hp injectors are the way to go and thats what I really want cuase I just want to get rid of these power robbing injectors I have.

I did just buy an intercooler I am going to put on, but with that size injector Im not sure if its neccesary.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats pretty much what i was wondering as long as i had an exhaust and gauges to watch, is it necessary to have an intercooler?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya, ive got a bit of a lead foot though so my truck is working over time alot, might just be a good idea to get an intercooler first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts