Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did DIY Stage 3's filled the res up with oil started up and ran perfect for 5 mins then died and wouldn't start back up. Got a new fuel bowl from ford ( cuz I broke it)yesterday put it on and still doesn't start :banghead:. The oil res is full, swapped IPR's out of another truck. I checked the fuel bowl and it has plenty of fuel in there. Has plenty of cranking power. Tried cranking 15+ times and nothing. What else could it be :dunno: I want to run this thing in the dirt drags tonight :sly: HELP PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Are you able to scan the PCM and look for codes?
When cranking are you getting any smoke out of the exhaust?

Also, be aware that excessive cranking will cook your starter. And these things have to spin fast or they will not start. And make sure your batteries are fully charged.

Then go from there.

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
I bet there is still alot of air in the system, It took a lot of cranking to get my truck started after I did the injectors.....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bet there is still alot of air in the system, It took a lot of cranking to get my truck started after I did the injectors.....
Well my wait to start light won't come on now. Unhooked chip & cleaned, still nothing changed. Checked fuse #30 looks ok :dunno:

How long did your truck take to crank over? Ive been trying for 5 hours just today:doh: :mad:

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
It wont take that long, The wait to start light not coming on indicates a PCM problem...

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Have you tried to start it without the chip in?

·
Registered
444 Posts
My wait to start light wouldnt come on one time and it was a bad battery..replaced it with a new one and boom it fired right up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My wait to start light wouldnt come on one time and it was a bad battery..replaced it with a new one and boom it fired right up.
:hmm: well I put the new PCM in (w/o the chip) and guess what, it doesn't start :hehe: But my WTS light is back on. All fuses are good. If it has been the batteries this whole time, I'm pushing my truck over a cliff first thing in the morning :hehe:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It wasn't the batteries :doh: So I disconnected all the injectors and had someone crank on it to see if oil was coming out of the oil deflectors which would indicate if a poppet was hung open and nothing came out :doh:

So after searching the forums like crazy, I found out that it could be just a loose armature screw :dunno: Anyone ever experience this before?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts