Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had posted about this a couple weeks prior. So, found fuel in oil. Literally more fuel than oil.

pulled all 8, all the o rings look like they did when I installed them. Re sealed one for giggles. Still fuel dripping out of the drain plug. Isolated driver side injectors, no drip. Isolated passenger, drips.
Pulled and inspected AGAIN, nothing. No visible leaks from above injectors either.
Picking up new injector orings tomorrow.

Any other ideas??

(Dipped in clean oil, let excess drip off before installation. Incase it’s asked)

400 miles on injectors (warren 190/30)
New spools

·
Compression Ignition Addict
9,026 Posts
Not the first time there have been these issues with Warren remans. Call them.

·
Registered
04 F250 CCSB
82 Posts
Doing it now! Thanks bismic
Any word from Warren? I will be looking to get a set soon and have been eyeing their 175/stocks- want to know what I could be getting myself into.

·
Premium Member
7,125 Posts
Would have been interesting to see where the fuel is leaking from -- sounds like you have one or more with stuck open tips

pretty much the main reason for that is debris in the fuel inlet or during assembly of the injector

A quick test is to clamp a air hose over the tip and blow backward thru the nozzle -- submerge the injector in a container of fuel and look for bubbles -- there should be none

Reactions: bismic

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any word from Warren? I will be looking to get a set soon and have been eyeing their 175/stocks- want to know what I could be getting myself into.
I should know here in a bit. Problem is truck died in CA, I live in NV. So they can’t ship replacements to me. So that’s going to be a fun one if the rings don’t fix it..

BUT I will say. The customer service has been phenomenal, they’re instantly ready to admit fault, even though it might not be theirs to admit too. Also, make the jump to 175/30, it’ll be worth it. I had the same dilemma on my 03

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would have been interesting to see where the fuel is leaking from -- sounds like you have one or more with stuck open tips

pretty much the main reason for that is debris in the fuel inlet or during assembly of the injector

A quick test is to clamp a air hose over the tip and blow backward thru the nozzle -- submerge the injector in a container of fuel and look for bubbles -- there should be none
thats amazing info! Thank you very much. I’ll have to give that a try! And I was meticulous about bore cleaning and brake cleaner with my installation. So I’m hoping that’s not the case! (I’m also running 3 fuel filters)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts