Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow powerstroke owners, I have a 97 obs f350 with 219,000 miles on it. I have replaced the oil pan and recently did the injectors. Prior to replacing the injectors I had virtually no blue smoke or blow by, now I have both. Since I am doing some body work I haven't gotten around to looking at this yet. My question is when I replaced the injectors could not torquing the injectors bolts all the way cause these symptoms? Or could it be a o-ring that got damaged during installation. I had made sure to put oil on them when I installed them. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
What do you mean torquing the bolts all the way? Hopefully you used a good torque wrench and set them to the specified torque.

How many miles have you put on it? Might just need to drive it and burn the oil out of the cylinders from draining the heads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean torquing the bolts all the way? Hopefully you used a good torque wrench and set them to the specified torque.

How many miles have you put on it? Might just need to drive it and burn the oil out of the cylinders from draining the heads.
Hi thanks for the response. I've driven the truck only about 30 miles, but it's idled for quite a while. I don't think it's oil left in the cylinder. I guess Ill just have to take the valve cover off and double check the torque. How many ft/lbs are they supposed to be torqued too?

·
Registered
497 Posts
30 miles isn't long enough to clear the cylinders... you need to take it on the highway for a good half hour run
if it isn't clear by then you might have sliced a o ring on the install

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.