Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a set of Stage 1 Unlimited Diesel Performance injectors and a php hydra i got them all installed in the truck and ive been cranking the hell of out it and but not even a hint of starting

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
WTS light coming on? CEL illuminated? Fuel Pressure? Fuses good? It's probably just me, but I don't like to do multiple mods at one time. I would have installed one of those (injectors or Hydra) first, got it to run then move to the next. Cheers!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WTS light coming on? CEL illuminated? Fuel Pressure? Fuses good? It's probably just me, but I don't like to do multiple mods at one time. I would have installed one of those (injectors or Hydra) first, got it to run then move to the next. Cheers!
WTS comes on, CEL comes on sometimes after cranking for awhile, not sure on fuel pressure my lost my scanner, ill have to take a look at fuses, and yeah i normally don't but i got ahead of myself ill probably pull the hydra and see if that gets my somewhere

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
So I bought a set of Stage 1 Unlimited Diesel Performance injectors and a php hydra i got them all installed in the truck and ive been cranking the hell of out it and but not even a hint of starting
Remove the chip.

The HPO system has air in it, so it will take a lot of cranking to get the air to to the point that the injectors will fire. Most remove the glow plugs to make it easier on the starter/batteries while trying to purge the air from the HPO system. If you don't remove the glow plugs be prepared to crank for a long time before it fires. Not uncommon to drain battery capacity before purging the air.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Remove the chip.

The HPO system has air in it, so it will take a lot of cranking to get the air to to the point that the injectors will fire. Most remove the glow plugs to make it easier on the starter/batteries while trying to purge the air from the HPO system. If you don't remove the glow plugs be prepared to crank for a long time before it fires. Not uncommon to drain battery capacity before purging the air.
I took the chip off and I've been cranking it on and off for close to 3 hours my batteries are on life support at this point

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did find my scanner though and pulled some codes and got P0603, P1212
I ran a buzz test for giggles and got P1271, P1273, P1293, P1294, P0001, P007C

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Start with clearing the codes. Is the HPOP still full? I've never had that much of a problem getting it restarted after R&R'ing injectors. I do crank it with GP's out as Greenskeeper mentioned. When I replaced my Oil Rail End plug, I refilled the rail prior to cranking by removing the forward-most port plug (small ports where HPOP hoses attach) and using a small funnel to fill it (letting any air make its way out). The truck fired right up without even a hiccup. Cheers!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Start with clearing the codes. Is the HPOP still full? I've never had that much of a problem getting it restarted after R&R'ing injectors. I do crank it with GP's out as Greenskeeper mentioned. When I replaced my Oil Rail End plug, I refilled the rail prior to cranking by removing the forward-most port plug (small ports where HPOP hoses attach) and using a small funnel to fill it (letting any air make its way out). The truck fired right up without even a hiccup. Cheers!
if i clear the codes they come back and hpop is full ill try pulling the rail plugs and filling em if i can

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I would do the ICP and the corresponding one on the passenger side. Those are the "highest" ones, so air should go towards them. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I did find my scanner though and pulled some codes and got P0603, P1212
I ran a buzz test for giggles and got P1271, P1273, P1293, P1294, P0001, P007C
seems like a harness isn't completely plugged in?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
if i clear the codes they come back and hpop is full ill try pulling the rail plugs and filling em if i can
No need to attempt to fill the oil rails, the HPOP is doing that since it's full as you stated.

I would pull one (or both) of the valve covers and see if oil is coming from the injector spouts while cranking...that would prove the HPO system has been purged of air.

·
Registered
19 Posts
if you pull the covers, have a buddy crank it and observe around the injector body where its bolted down. if you see oil coming out around it youve jacked an o ring up possibly. i dont believe this is common...but it happened to me. i cranked for 3 days lol found all my pressure was going everywhere it shouldnt

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally had a chance to work on it put new UCVH's and pig tails and still not starting but I'm pulling way less codes got p1212 (Injector control pressure not detected during crank) which odd since i have a new ICP and when i do a buzz test i get P1292 (Injector high side short to GND or VBATT - bank 2)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts