Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an unopened set of 6.0 head studs, literally sealed in plastic. They're ARP 250-4202, I think I paid around 500 bucks, but need them gone. I can ship them. Located in 23322.

EDIT: 350 shipped to any zip in continental US. PM me with offers. Might accept trades. Thanks.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Which years 6.0? Size?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which years 6.0? Size?

ARP 250-4202

Theyre all the same. I think there's a misconception out there that there are different size head bolts for 6.0's. The blocks/heads in different years, later years from 06 on I believe have larger dowell pin holes, from when they switched the tooling over in preparation for manufacturing the 6.4. The actual threads in the block are all 14x2 mm I believe. Just different dowell pin sizes, and thusly different head gaskets...but the head bolts/studs are all the same.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Studs only or gasket as well? Do you have a bottom price. Would be quite a while till I can do the job on my truck but it is in the plans. Wouldn't mind having a set ready. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let's just go ahead and say 360 shipped to any where in continental US. I didn't want to put a price on it, but I suppose it avoids a lot of confusion. That's pretty much bottom dollar unless you're near Hampton roads va. These aren't super cheap to ship. Need em gone, thanks. Pm me if you're ready to buy em and we'll work out payment and shipping and all that. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
250-4202 fits any year 6.0

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
250-4202 fits any year 6.0
Not sure if that was a questuon or just agreeing with what I said in earlier post, but yeah, I know all the blocks are a 14x2 mm head bolt holes. The dowell pins are either 18mm, or 20mm depending on what year block yours is. Freeze plugs are different sizes too. But the studs will work on all 6.0's. Easy way to tell which yours is is to measure the freeze plug in the end of the head, right above the banjo bolt where the fuel enters the head. If the freeze plug is 1.090" (just shy of 28 mm). It's got 18 mm dowell pins, if the heads have 1.254 (just shy of 32 mm) the head has 20 mm dowell pins. Again, none of that matters. The studs will work with either.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
So just leave them on here for that. I might takevthem off your hands in a few weeks. Have spent a lot of money recently and I have to spread it out or the wife get into one if her moods.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Do you still have them

·
Registered
460 Posts
I will take em. Just sent ya a pm!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts