Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 f250

Had a bad hpop in it, changed it and new ipr, got plenty of pressure now. Calling for 1350 and producing 1355. I've got FICM sync while cranking, and crank/cam sync. It tries to fire, but still won't start. Any suggestions?? We tried to start it off and on for 2 hours last night. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
Do you have injector buzz?
What is your ficm pwr?
Ficm logic?
Did you pull the cap off of the top fuel filter and verify it is filling to top with fuel?
Sounds like the hpop has filled being you have icp pressure.
What values do you have with the IPR: KOEO/while cranking if you have a leak in hpop system the % will be high #s because the IPR will be closing trying to gain pressure in hpo system

·
Registered
96 Posts
Isn't there a small round screen in IPR that the oil passes through? If it get's clogged would that affect oil pressure enough to cause no start? Just thinking

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
Yea if its plugged bad enough, not uncommon for screen to get pushed in and small holes.

Do you have a scanguage?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not clogged, it's new. We pulled it just to check and it was good. My ipr pressures are 1300 range. Getting a ton of white smoke while cranking, and it tries, but no go. I thinking a FICM problem honestly, just my .02 though.

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
See you have some kind of scan tool, is it able to read ficm logic/power?

ScanguageII is cheap and on the shelf at Auto Zone will read everything from pcm.
Best $160.00 bucks I ever spent on the truck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I've got a computer. Ill post all readings In the morning. Any others that would help?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I've got a computer. Ill post all readings In the morning. Any others that would help?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, here's my reading while cranking. The injector buzz is very faint on 2 different ficm modules.

Before cranking
Inj control press-37.95 psi
Inj ctrl press desire-0.00 psi
Fin main power- 47.92 volts
FICM vehicle power- 12.48 volts
FICM logic power- 12.48 volts
Vehicle power volts- 12.44 volts
Inj press reg duty cycle- 15%
FICM sync- no
Sync cmp/ckp- no

While cranking-

Inj control press-1314.63 psi
Inj ctrl press desire 1336.15 psi(battery lasted 5 seconds)
Ficm main power-46.43 volts
FICM vehicle power-8.99 volts
FICM logic power-8.49 volts
Vehicle power volts-6.50 volts
Inj press reg duty cycle-50%
FICM sync- yes
Sync cmp/ckp - yes

Help me. This truck is kicking my tail end. Lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, truck has new battery's new starter new hpop have put 2 different used FICMs in it.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
The biggest thing I see is your supply voltage readings are very low. The FICM logic and vehicle power volts are what the PCM is seeing as far as battery supply voltage. It should be seeing roughly +/- 1v of battery voltage. I'd be double checking the battery terminals and all main powers and grounds. Those readings are WAY to low.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Okay, here's my reading while cranking. The injector buzz is very faint on 2 different ficm modules.

Before cranking
Inj control press-37.95 psi
Inj ctrl press desire-0.00 psi
Fin main power- 47.92 volts
FICM vehicle power- 12.48 volts
FICM logic power- 12.48 volts
Vehicle power volts- 12.44 volts
Inj press reg duty cycle- 15%
FICM sync- no
Sync cmp/ckp- no

While cranking-

Inj control press-1314.63 psi
Inj ctrl press desire 1336.15 psi(battery lasted 5 seconds)
Ficm main power-46.43 volts
FICM vehicle power-8.99 volts
FICM logic power-8.49 volts
Vehicle power volts-6.50 volts
Inj press reg duty cycle-50%
FICM sync- yes
Sync cmp/ckp - yes

Help me. This truck is kicking my tail end. Lol

What do you mean by "battery lasted 5 seconds"?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The batteries on the truck die very very quickly when you crank on it(their brand new). I also forgot to mention I had booster cables hooked up to my 7.3 when I posted those

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Well something can't be right there. With brand new batteries you should be able to crank on it for a good bit! I'd say starter but you say you've already replaced it.... How do the battery cables look? Did they have lots of corrosion? Something is not right there. Your voltage is dropping off somewhere.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New starter, sounds as bad as the bad one though! I've got a couple of big tractor batteries that I'm gonna drop in it to see if that'll help at least get this thing running. Where is the best place to get a ficm?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The starter sounds as bad as the bad one though! I've got a couple of big tractor batteries that I'm gonna drop in it to see if that'll help at least get this thing running. Where is the best place to get a ficm?

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
Yea thats a problem for sure,you should see nothin below 10.5 volts while cranking,(YOUR @ 6 volts) the ficm shunts power to injectors at 8 volts.
How fast is the motor spinning at??? With you dropping off to that power range the injectors are not coming on for you.........
Must figure out where the electrical problem is at. Is the starter cable getting hot or you have issues with cables. Are the cables factory or have there been repair ends added for battery posts.
How are your grounds looking?

Minimum engine rpm is 100 and 6 volts won't get you there.

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
I'm not concerned with the ficm at this point, your system voltage is killing you right now. Have these batteries been put on chargers overnight???

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I'm not concerned with the ficm at this point, your system voltage is killing you right now. Have these batteries been put on chargers overnight???
Agreed. Your FICM voltage cranking doesn't look to bad. If you've already swapped another FICM in it with the same results then it's probably not a FICM issue. The injectors might sound weak but that's probably from low battery voltage. If you don't supply the FICM with good voltage then high voltage from the FICM will be low, and it's also very hard on the FICM. Figure out your battery issue first.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts