Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the headlights in and installed tonight. 35w hid kit is en-route...

Hold that thought, photobucket isnt uploading for me right now...

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PB must have been drunk last night, uploading fine this morning...anyway here's pics;

New lens

Before

After

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Lookin good Clayton! How bout some night pics? How do you like them?

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!
First impression was at pre-evening/dusk so it was hard to tell, but on way home from hockey I was a little disapointed in the lowbeam, its seems too narrow a lightbeam path and both sides seemed to focus towards the middle of the road. But with the lowbeams and the led's it lights up pretty good along the sides, kind of like this \`````/
Only got to try the highbeams for a min but they looked good and bright.

Ill get some night pics tonight hopefully.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looks pretty sweet.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

Couple (crappy) night pics.....

·
Registered
640 Posts
I hate to be so brutally honest, but I had them and they sucked. I actually sent them back and paid $80 in return shipping which I lost just so I could get them off my hands. The beam pattern is horrible as you found out. I suggest you return them, sell them on eBay, or do a retrofit with projectors from TRS. Not sure if they would fit in those housings though, you would have ot take some measurements.

Those lights look really cool, but perform like crap. I could barely tell they were on at night and I was running 55w HID's.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ouch!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where were you when I ordered them Tony?!?!? Lol, Ill deal with them for now see what happens down the road. They were cheap enough Im not really worried about it. I can mess with my stock lights as well.

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Sniff sniff...I think I may smell a retrofit in the future lol

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll prolly do what you did to yours.....or just send them to you do for me!!! Lol. Busy season is almost here and i'm running out of time for messing around.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Where were you when I ordered them Tony?!?!? Lol, Ill deal with them for now see what happens down the road. They were cheap enough Im not really worried about it. I can mess with my stock lights as well.
Sorry brother. I'm not sure if you did a search but I know I dropped my thoughts in a thread or two on here about how disappointed I was with those lights. When I was driving down a dark road I could barely tell the lights were on until I lit up my fogs. They really suck. I never tried standard bulbs on those projectors but I had no intentions of using standard bulbs. They would probably be pretty cool if you just retro'd them, but make sure the projectors will fit before you start tearing them apart. I'm going to start a thread once I get my project started.

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Can't wait to watch your build tony, Clayton- the diameter of the lens on the fxr 3.0's is 2.5", if your curren projector diameter is the same, then it can be done. If not the. Just use those while you retro your stock housings and custom paint them and all that to your liking.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Thanks it should be pretty interesting. How's your paint job holding up? I think I may wire the angel eyes to be daytime running lights and use an up fitter switch as an override/shutoff in case I want to kill them.

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
No problems at all. I'm contemplating doing angel eyes, the more I see it the more I'm liking it. I like your idea as using as drl's- nice one!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Well if you give me about a week I should have everything wrapped up so you can see if you like it. At the time they only offer 100mm angel eyes but they are testing 120mm which the sales guy said would fit better.

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Sweet, I'll keep an eye out for your thread, but pm me a link too!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well if you give me about a week I should have everything wrapped up so you can see if you like it. At the time they only offer 100mm angel eyes but they are testing 120mm which the sales guy said would fit better.
I want to see this also. It's exactly what I'm doing. I wired my halo's up to a upfitter switch as you know the ones that came with the lights aren't near bright enough for DRL's but they look pretty good as the only light on in the morning while it the motor warms up. Kinda menancing looking I guess

·
Registered
640 Posts
I think these LEDs will be very bright. I'm thinking I may paint the shroud of one headlight black and leave the other chrome just for comparison. One of my shrouds is nearly black from moisture getting inside.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts