Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fells, ive rebuilt the oil cooler with new oring kit and it took two days to almost completly mix the coolant in the oil again. Ive got milkshake in the engine and I can only think its the HG. What bothers me is I see no crankcase pressure in the coolant rez. When full and running.

Ive heard of guys having to TAKE THE CAB OFF to do a fukin head job! Whats the best way to get them out and new ones in?

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Well, when you change the oil, there's still 2-3 quarts in the HP oil system, in the reservoir and all the lines. That oil will still be coolant-contaminated, and will mix with the new oil when you run the engine. _Maybe_ that's what you're seeing? Might be worth changing the oil one more time (and even go the dork route and siphon out the HPOP res), see how it looks after a couple days.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Bad injector o-rings? Or maybe that's for fuel in oill...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If that was the case then why would my coolant rez go from full to almost empty in 2 days?

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
I was thinking of fuel in oil, my bad. Re-reading your original post about no pressure in the reservoir, usually 9(from what I've read) a blown HG will result in bubbles in there from combustion pressure making it's way into the water jackets from the bad HG. So there's no pressure in the reservoir when it's at normal temp?

Is the weep hole on the water pump leaking at all?

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Re-reading your original post about no pressure in the reservoir, usually 9(from what I've read) a blown HG will result in bubbles in there from combustion pressure making it's way into the water jackets from the bad HG.
That's only if it blows between a coolant jacket and a combustion chamber. If it only blows between a coolant jacket and an oil passage, you won't get combustion gas in the coolant; you'll only get coolant and oil commingling.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Oh ok. I've actually never had a vehicle with HG issues, so I'm just going off what I've read on here.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Mad has a good point.. you might still have contamination in the oil.

It might be the oil cooler again though....

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
maybe your coolant dropped a bit cause there was air in the system. and maybe there was still coolant in the oil system as they said. it doesnt hurt to try 1 more oil change as they stated.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ill try it and see where it gets me. This truck has been a nightmare and i have Only around 1,700 miles on it.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
I guess that's part of the risk of buying an older truck.

And I have never heard of having to pull the cab on a 7.3 to remove the heads. Maybe jack it up an inch or two, but not remove it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts