Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am a soon to be owner, I just wanted to introduce myself. I've always been a car guy and I currently own a 2004 Mercury Marauder and 1993 Lincoln Town car (you have to stick with Ford:icon_ford:). I've got about 7 months left in the active duty military, after which I will return to New England and buy my dream truck as planned. I'm looking for a white 2007 F250 Lariat or King Ranch, preferably from the south. I'm new to diesel and trucks but I figured I'd join early and start doing my research! Take care.:drinking3:

·
Super Moderator
19,744 Posts
Glad to have you - :welcome2: to the ORG!!

Way to plan ahead! :thumb:

Thanks for your service!

·
Registered
320 Posts
:ORG welcome: Glad to see you here fellow USAF!!

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
:ORG welcome:

·
Registered
47 Posts
The 7.3 is a bullet proof engine as long as you do the basic maintenance, you'll almost never have an issue :punk:

And Welcome to the .org!

Travis

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Honestly the less you know the more you might want to consider an older truck. However if you know about a 6.0s problems and fix them the 6.0 is a good motor.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL while selling cummins but dreaming of powerstrokes!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honestly the less you know the more you might want to consider an older truck. However if you know about a 6.0s problems and fix them the 6.0 is a good motor.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL while selling cummins but dreaming of powerstrokes!
Love the Avatar man...Yeah I have about 7-8 months to do research on this site before I buy so hopefully I start learning stuff.

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
:welcome1: to the ORG!!

If you want the Military member tag go to your User CP, then group memberships and request to join. I will hook you up then.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Love the Avatar man...Yeah I have about 7-8 months to do research on this site before I buy so hopefully I start learning stuff.
Thanks man....there's no way I am changing it after last nights debate:doh:

Anyways I am on here myself looking for info before I buy a 6.0. And let me say your helping yourself out by coming here BEFORE you buy a truck. This was you can know what to look for when truck shopping so you can find a good one. So many people come on here complaining about how their trucks don't work when their problems could have been avoided by actually researching before they buy!

Good luck man and :ORG welcome:

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
If you get a 7.3 get a 99-01 they hsve forged rods. 6.0 get a late 06-07(less problem)
I just don't buy the o6-07 comment. I have an 04 with zero problems granted it is Bulletproofed. My Mom had a stock 03 for 90K with zero issues, the only reason she got rid of it was downsizing.

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
I have seen that 06-07 comment floating around for so long it makes me ill. 6.0's like to be driven hard and monitored end of story. If you drive it like a old man you are going to have issues. Mine has pulled loads of 24k plus and can still lite up all six tires. She is a tow pig first but has plenty of power to have fun.

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
There were motor updates some good some bad.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts