Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

In a quest to find a suitable tow vehicle for my 34' travel trailer, I ran across a clean looking, well maintained 2003 F-250 Crew Cab with a PSD 6.0 and about 78,000 miles on the clock. The price is within budget and speaking with the seller, it sounds like it has been well maintained (fluids, new ball joints, bushings etc.) I haven't seen the truck yet.

I was quite excited about the prospect of purchasing the vehicle until I began reading boards like this one and head gasket failures. According to the PO, the truck has seen only occasional light towing and has no mods to it, and has not had the head gasket replaced. All recalls have been performed by the dealer.

My trailer weighs about 8200 loaded. The impressions I am getting is that if the truck hasn't had the head gaskets replaced and studded, that it will be enviable that the head gasket goes bad, in which case I really don't want the truck.

Am I getting myself worked up over nothing? :dunno:

Karl in Southeast NY

·
Premium Member
14,491 Posts
:welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1:

One of the 6.0 guys should see this soon and give you some ideas.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
:ORG welcome: from :tex:

Try posting this ion the 6.0 section. You'll get a better response more than likely. Im a 7.3 man myself. I like the fact that I dont have to worry about it.

·
Registered
891 Posts
:ORG welcome: Not sure what to tell you because it seems to be hit or miss with the 03/04 years but I would advise you to look around till you find something that you are comfortable with because there seems to be quite a few available for sale in my area and prices seem to be pretty attractive now with current fuel prices. Where in NY are you located?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome. I posted in the 6.0 section too. I'm in Brewster NY which is on the CT line. I have seen a lot for sale, some within the budget and some not. This one has all that I have been looking for and in budget, so it would be a great fit.

·
back to business
3,551 Posts
:ORG welcome:
:welcome2::welcome1::welcome2:

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
:ORG welcome:glad to have you around. hopefully you find the truck you are looking for:thumb:

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
:welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1:​

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
WELCOME TO THE ORG KARL!!

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts