Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I want to swap my glow plugs before winter,what else should I consider changing along with the plugs,and what is a fair price to pay for the plugs?:dunno:

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
im doing this too, what was reccomended the Bosch ones? i think a set is about $50?

I would upgrade the controller/relay to the Stancor as well. I am going to. its generally $45 to $60.

Not much else to do in there unless you want to mess with the injectors too.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im doing this too, what was reccomended the Bosch ones? i think a set is about $50?

I would upgrade the controller/relay to the Stancor as well. I am going to. its generally $45 to $60.

Not much else to do in there unless you want to mess with the injectors too.
Thanks,my main concern was what else should I replace.So what do I ask for when buying the relay?

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
the only thing near them are the injectors, so i suppose you could pull them and replace the seals. it would be a good time to inspect the injectors too.

here is a link to the stancor relay upgrade. auto parts stores wont have it. this is the best price i found, but search around...
STANCOR ELECTRONIC|586-902|Power Contactor | Newark.com

·
Registered
374 Posts
Motorcraft plugs are highly recommended. Stay away from autolite they are known to swell and get stuck. I have a glow plug puller tool for sale. Pm me if interested

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
there is a puller?

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Correction, yes Motorcraft is the suggested plug.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys,I have one stuck from the last time I changed plugs.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
how do you get those out? do you have to pull the head?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't know just left it in ,been there for 6 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts