1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1973-79 Plastic 19 Gallon Side Tank With EMS hole

This says it will fit a 73-79

Please please please, will it fit in my 97 :dunno:

I need a plastic tank in a bad way, any one know if this tank will work?
The price is perfect...

EDIT: Who loves my title, LOL what's spell check?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
U do know that the 92-97 trucks had an option for a 21? gallon plastic front tank. Direct fit. I have also seen 26? Gallon superduty plastic tanks installed. Just fiy.... I have no idea about your tank,sorry

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
Good to see you back I believe its really spelled Wronco lol heard it on top gear a while back pretty funny.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Are you looking for a stock replacement, or more fuel capacity?
The 33 gallon bronco tanks are poly and will fit (may have to relocate spare tire). Filler neck is slightly larger than ours, but that is an easy fix.

BTW would you mind if I pick you brain on the vegi-conversion sometime?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stock replacement is fine, and I've heard about the rear tank thing. But I can't stand to lose my spare.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
U do know that the 92-97 trucks had an option for a 21? gallon plastic front tank. Direct fit. I have also seen 26? Gallon superduty plastic tanks installed. Just fiy.... I have no idea about your tank,sorry

:Shocked: I didn't know that. I'll have to see if I can find one reasonably priced.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Spectra F26E rear tank

You can install a spectra F26E rear tank will bolt right in same dimensions as stock only 7" deeper iirc. 38 us gallons 145 litres, you just need to lengthen the pick up tube assembly and float sensor arm. Awesome mod and the spare still fits under there with a 4" exhaust too, (I just had to trim the skid plate for exhaust to fit.

jrc

·
Transmission or Injectors
743 Posts
SD tank will fit, I have one in mine. I reused the SD sender and pickup, but it needed to be turned in the tank slightly to let the fuel lines point in the right direction. It was just about a direct replacement, I only had to make some new tank straps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts