Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from La. but on location for work in south Tx. near Cotulla. It appears that my fuel pump is out on my 1995 F250 7.3L workhorse of a truck. While riding along it began to sputter, lose power and finally ran out of fuel and I could not get it restarted. The fuel filter bowl was empty when I opened it therefore I put new fuel in the bowl and tried to start it with no luck. I drug the olde boy to the campsite and now trying to make sure before I order a pump that it is really the pump that is out. Is there a fuel pump sticky or diagnostic thread? I would appreciate any help as I have a few days off coming up and would hate to be stuck here during time off.

Pinetop

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I recharged battery to 13.6 v do I need fuel pump?

I recharged the battery to 13.6 v and after a good 60 seconds or so cranking the pump caught its prime with the fuel I put in the filter bowl again with 3 ozs of ATF and it started and then after 3 minutes of sputtering it ran like a champ and started this am without problems. Should I have a fuel pump on my truck from now on? In other words is this the :bump:first sign of a failing fuel pump. I travel considerable distances and sometimes in remote places and do not want to get caught in a deserted area without means to leave.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts